GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my DRL is not working. Has anyone had this happened? Based on the manual, I have to take this in to get fixed by my dealer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
If its just one amybe that is good news at it might just be a bad bulb. If neither worked perhaps it would have been a more serious electrical issue

·
Registered
275 Posts
Most vehicles use a relay to power the daytime running lights. If your lights work normally (using the dash switch), check your manual to see if it's a problem with the relays (if the Acadia has them). I'm at work and nowhere near the truck to check for you, sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer did not have the bulb in stock, so they swapped it out with another Acadia in stock. No problems with the bulb right now, but I cam getting moisture in the light compartment. It looks like the seal is not solid.

The dealer indicated that swapping the bulb out was pretty difficult. It took a good 20 minutes to do so. Why can't GM make this an owner changable part?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I agree with Silver Star. This is getting to the rediculous point. Certain items like bulb replacement should be owner servicable. It seems that they are making it necessary to go to the dealer for every little thing that needs to be taken care in order to boost their shop income. :angryfire:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I guess they could make cars like they used to and require tune ups every 12,000 miles - they make them very reliable now and the service departments are losing money - although older cars were so much easier to work on - now you need a computer and special training to work on cars.

Anyway, I agree that certain things should be owner replaceable, if you add in the time involved with getting a car to the dealer makes this unreasonable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
TMMAR said:
I agree with Silver Star. This is getting to the rediculous point. Certain items like bulb replacement should be owner servicable. It seems that they are making it necessary to go to the dealer for every little thing that needs to be taken care in order to boost their shop income. :angryfire:
I honestly (or naively) don't think that's the problem. I think it's just because cars are becoming more streamlined that it's harder to replace bulbs. Everything used to be accessible from the front but that causes drag. I expect that in a few years, the headlight enclosure will be part of the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts