GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.
I have just noticed a rattle going on in my dashboard area, driver side. I push down on the plastic dashboard in random areas and it goes away as I push down. It isn't consistent, either. but very annoying!!
any suggestions before going in to the dealer?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had a similar rattle on mine. It was the base of the A-pillar cover rattling against the left edge of the dash cover. I wedged a flattened piece of tubing between them which silenced it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have also noticed a pretty signifigant rattle on the drivers side dash, but only when on a bumpy surface or running over street reflectors. It almost sounds as if it is coming from the instrument cluster where it attaches to the upper dash. Almost like it needs a piece of that felt material between two pieces to quiet a rattle, but never got put there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is driving me nuts. Had it about a week. Almost sounds like a "spinner" noise when it happens.....can't find the cause yet. :banghead:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same rattle here... started after Acadia was at the dealer looking for water leak. I don't know if they lowered the headliner or not, but it is definitely coming from the left 'A' pillar. If I press on the bottom of the pillar above the dash, it stops - but it's loud, like something loose is in there. At times it is almost a constant rattle, on anything but an ultra-smooth road. Hate to waste a day having the dealer find and fix it, but at 6,000 miles, it is not acceptable.

·
Registered
423 Posts
the clip may be missing on the bottom of the cover. i am leary of leaving a responce here because we have no rattles. :blob:
i hate rattles :banghead:
rattles drive me crazy :confused:
the make me wanna :beer: and get :drunk: because i cant handle rattles!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Like Texacadia, I've been putting off making a special run to the dealer, but I'll be doing it sometime soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Schram said:
the clip may be missing on the bottom of the cover. i am leary of leaving a responce here because we have no rattles. :blob:
i hate rattles :banghead:
rattles drive me crazy :confused:
the make me wanna :beer: and get :drunk: because i cant handle rattles!
I hear ya Schram. I hate rattles and I am thankful we have none so far. The rattles reported on this thread seem
localised to one area...driver side dash, base of A pillar. I hope a common fix can be made since it appears to be
the same issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the same driver's side rattle everyone is reporting. Took it to the dealer about a month ago. They ripped apart my whole dashboard, couldn't find the source, but put insulation under everything and now I have no rattle. However, I'm starting to hear a new rattle in the passenger door (I think)...hard to place since it only seems to happen when I'm alone in the car (and therefore driving) and can't investigate!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I may have the dash rattle to but I can't tell since my 11 month old daughter has so many rattles of her own in the car. :binky:

·
Registered
35 Posts
gmc4me

what size tubing, did you have it, or go find it somplece? I will try it on mine, rattle (left a-pilar at dash) has appeared at 800 miles, leary of having them try to fix at dealer for fear of creating a "new" rattle...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was going insane. The dash rattles so much (14k miles), I sometimes think it is about to fall off. It started once the temerature got cold (sub 15 degrees) and now it will not stop. People that ride with me (foreign car owners) enjoy the laugh. One guy was about to buy one and made the decision not to based on the experience.

Time for a trip to the dreaded dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just shoved a rolled up baby wipe between the rubber and A pillar plastic for now.
It is quiet for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is un believable...i look at these posts & i think my acadia has every issue here.....i used Toilet tissue in the glove box to stop 1 rattle. I stuck a Wendys straw to stop the rattle at the A pillar

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
ekohl said:
nice pic of the baby wipe... i'll try that.

Can we have a wendy's straw pic? I want to try that too.
:binky: Maybe a McDonald's 1/4 pounder wrapper ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone,
I am new to posting, but I've been using the site for awhile. I took my '08 Acadia in this past weekend for the same rattle (on both sides of the dash) to be looked at by the dealership. They corrected the rattles by applying 'anti-squeak' tape on each A-pillar and also apply felt on the base of the pillars. Thanks for the info on the A-pillar I brought it up to the mechanic; the noise is gone for now, and hopefully for good.

·
Registered
540 Posts
SaintOX said:
Hey everyone,
I am new to posting, but I've been using the site for awhile. I took my '08 Acadia in this past weekend for the same rattle (on both sides of the dash) to be looked at by the dealership. They corrected the rattles by applying 'anti-squeak' tape on each A-pillar and also apply felt on the base of the pillars. Thanks for the info on the A-pillar I brought it up to the mechanic; the noise is gone for now, and hopefully for good.
Was there a service bulletin for this fix ? Seems like the had the correct items to fix it. Just wondering.

Bobby

1 - 20 of 30 Posts