GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GPS mounted atop the dashboard and plugged into the power outlet on the console face. I dont always run with GPS powered up, but find that it turns itself on ealmost each time I start the engine. Sincce Im using a 3 into 1 power strip with a pilot light, I have observed a short loss of power to the strip when starting the engine. Im assuming that this is cycling the GPS on each time.

Is this the way that the power outlet was intended ? Did they really decide that constant power was to be interupted each time the engine is started ?

Im thrilled with the Acadia, after four Explorers, and this issue is small stuff.....................but just wanted to know if this is the actual intention of the power supply.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ive heard that you are not sopossed to start your car with anything plugged into the power outlets!?!?!
Idk if this is true but my mom freaks out if we start the car without unpluging her phone charger :confused: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I also keep my Garmin plugged in all the time and the power doesn't go out on mine. When power is lost, it beeps and starts a 30 second countdown to shutdown. If power is restored it beeps again and resumes. Never heard any beeps when starting, so I think the power is always on.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I have a Megellan Roadmate GPS, and it does not power down when I start my Acadia. This is an older model without an internal battery, so it immediately shuts off if it loses power.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jseck2 said:
I also keep my Garmin plugged in all the time and the power doesn't go out on mine. When power is lost, it beeps and starts a 30 second countdown to shutdown. If power is restored it beeps again and resumes. Never heard any beeps when starting, so I think the power is always on.
Mine is the same way. I also have a Garmin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts