GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to tone down the chrome look inside and have been on the lookout for wood-tone dash kits for our 07 Acadias. Has anyone come across them yet? ???

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I've seen several others ask the same question in other threads, but haven't seen any responses yet.

Kelly

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucci said:
I have been looking for them as well. the only place I have found something is here.
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=6814
They told me yesterday they would have a more complete kit; for Navi and additional coverage, in about 4-6 weeks
Ouch! 300 bucks? :eek:hno: At least the marketplace is starting for the Acadia ... thanks for the link!

Steve

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lucci said:
I have been looking for them as well. the only place I have found something is here.
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=6814
They told me yesterday they would have a more complete kit; for Navi and additional coverage, in about 4-6 weeks
It looks a little busy for me. Might look different in person. As of now, I think GM did a pretty decent job in designing the dash.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"It looks a little busy for me. Might look different in person. As of now, I think GM did a pretty decent job in designing the dash."

Believe me, the dash design was one of the things that sold me on this vehicle. I think it's sleek and very functional. IMO, bringing some wood tone into the mix would only enhance things, and I agree with you - those pics of the overdone dash on their website was way too much ... and to pay 300 clams to boot?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not my cup of tea. :eek:hno: Looks like it just sticks on over the present dash material.

·
Registered
683 Posts
johnway said:
Not my cup of tea. :eek:hno: Looks like it just sticks on over the present dash material.
That's exactly what it is. They are called Dash overlay kits and use 3M adhesive tape to stick to the existing dash. Options typically include different wood patterns and faux carbon fiber. They don't all look bad, but it is pretty obvious that it is just stuck on top of he existing trim pieces. I had a carbon fiber guage surround on my last car. Looked good, but over time it began to lose adhesion and parts would begin to lift off the car. Could have been partially due to poor alcohol prep work by me when I installed it, as they usually stick really well.

·
Registered
405 Posts
wonder if it would look any better on an slt.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wood is for wagons, not cars. One of two of the main reasons I did not go with the Outlook. HATE wood in a car-always look out of place to me. Also hated the yellow guage back lighting.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The interior dash, middle console, and doors of the Acadia have a very attractive design for me. I was going to do wood grain for my Stang last year and decided to put the money in CAI and underdrive pulley. I got over the dash mods...etc and as one pointed out, after market may peel off due to aging, poor prep, heat, cold, etc. My 2C

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a site that has new aftermarket products for the Acadia it is http://www.caraccessorysecrets.com it sent me to this site http://www.yocar.com/Acadia-Accessories--C1864.aspx which has Simon Wood Dash kits. I saw the price and wondered why these where so expensive so I called them to find out why. I learned that these are factory core replacement parts for your interior. These are not the peel and stick overlay dash that I saw at the dealer which made the interior look cheap. That was the reason I bought the stock interior. After talking to them I went ahead and purchased a kit. I was amazed difference in my interior it looked like it came from the assembly line. I wish GM offered it when I bought mine. The only down fall was that I had to take it to the dealer to have the old dash removed and the new one installed since it is a core exchange. I also have on order from yocar a custom made matching Acadia wood steering wheel that should be ready next week. They told me I am the first one to get one made. Like I said the price might be a little high but when it was all done I was happy and still am. :blob:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts