GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a site search for "dash cover" and it came back zero results. If there were previous threads on this, please point me to them.

Since getting Weathertite mats for the front and Hexomats for the 2nd/3rd/cargo areas (from Autoupgrade.net), I have been wondering about protecting the interior dash.

AutoUpgrade.net doesn't list a dash cover. Does anyone else?

I'm thinking about a black carpet-like cover that other cars have for the dash...

Anyone else thinking about getting one? Or know of ones that have been made?

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
659 Posts
Seems there isn't much need with this vehicle (compared to most). The dash is really a hard surface to begin with. Very unlikely to crack. In addition, I believe they are all black, so the off chance of discoloration is pretty slim with a UV absorbing windshield above it. I'm not saying you might not want to, but I'm not surprised that there isn't much out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Google "dashboard covers." You'll get more pages than you can read.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out autoanything.com I am waiting on some product from them, they seem to be very professional
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on applying protectants for the dash, like Armor All, or something similar? Do those work, or make it worse?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Have not seen the need for those protectants on dashes these days - they seem to be made of very durable material that resists sun damage etc. Armor All is primarily water anyway.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
09Enclave said:
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on applying protectants for the dash, like Armor All, or something similar? Do those work, or make it worse?
I have a dash cover, but will use cleaner wipes to remove dust etc. As mentioned; dashes today are much more durable than those old cracked dashes you will find on those 70's-80's cars.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Wow; is that what the inside of the 2010 Acadia looks like; boy did GM add some features ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts