GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to see some pics of an '08 Acadia in the new Dark Crimson color. Has anyone seen one yet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
And the new Carbon Black 08 color as well!

·
Registered
123 Posts
thank you, thank you, thank you...... that dark crimson is soooooo :hot: and is gonna be bomb on my enclave.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I like the staging with the lovely red painted line in the background.

·
Registered
123 Posts
it will my big plum and i love it.... besides the enclave has way more chrome accents than the acadia and it will be sharpppppppp. :angel:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
All I have to say is thank god I got my Red Jewel.

Dark Crimosn..um..... :confused: :sosad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for finding those pics. I was wondering what the Crimson would look like.
Is it really that purplish or could it possible just be the photo? I was expecting it to be more of a Black Cherry kind of look but that looks more like Dark Plum.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree it looks more plum than black cherry. I notice the vehicle is sitting on what appears to be dark wet asphalt. Wonder if it would look different on dry concrete, but I kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
netmag said:
Thanks for finding those pics. I was wondering what the Crimson would look like.
Is it really that purplish or could it possible just be the photo? I was expecting it to be more of a Black Cherry kind of look but that looks more like Dark Plum.
i think it does, remember the ming blue in pics but when you actually see the car in person it is much darker than it appears in pictures. when i saw the ming blue in person i had to get closer because from a distance it almost looked black.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Remember guys, there is nothing more subjective than color, purely personal taste.

Whether you like a black Acadia or not, you gotta admit that is one b-i-g car to keep clean in black! Nothing looks sharper than a clean black car, but a bi*ch to keep that way.

We hit some heavy cloudbursts coming back from Asheville, & when I got it home & in the garage, you could barely tell the gold mist had been wet, except for the rear glass & liftgate.
Try that with black.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Keith said:
Looks like a big plum. Looks purple, not crimson. Bad lighting?
I CANT figure out why gmc/buick chose that name this color has nothing to do w/ crimson except maybe the dark crimson metallic specs that pop out at ya.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They try to make the color names sound as good as they look. Dark Crimson sounds good. They call the same color Dark Cherry on Caddys.

Colors on the computer can vary a lot from what they are when you see them for real. The color balance of the camera makes a big difference. I have seen the color chip in the brochure and didn't think it had a purple hue to it. It is very dark. I really want to see it in sunlight. It has the potential to to be quite a good looking color.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just saw a Crimson Acadia yesterday and I thought it was beautiful! The red wasn't as orange as the '07 red( not that it was) but it wasn't purple either. I really really liked it...although I didn't like the driver...no smile or wave or anything and he almost crashed into us! :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ivy looks sooooo happy in her picture!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts