GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crate motor installed 6 mos ago and in the shop now replacing 2 cylinder coils. Can I expect the other 4 needing replaced soon. This 09 Acadia is a huge pain in the *** smh

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Crate motor installed 6 mos ago and in the shop now replacing 2 cylinder coils. Can I expect the other 4 needing replaced soon. This 09 Acadia is a huge pain in the *** smh
Well. . it is a 13-14 year old vehicle. Crate engine, but used coils? ? ?
Any misfires on the other cylinders?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do realize it's not a brand new vehicle and when the shop replaced the motor they put the old parts back on except a brand new starter. I'm assuming that I should've been educated about the old parts going on a new motor BUT I wasn't made aware of it and it was in the shop 3 weeks ago because a brake rotor was warped so I replaced the other 3 and that's when I needed them to check out what I believed was misfiring and they said they had to repair a hole in the gas tank and that should resolve an evap issue. The very next day that it got out of the shop, it was doing the same bogging or hesitation AND I took it back to find out 2 cylinder coils needed replaced.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
The 09s had problematic coils. BOSCH brand.
Then in 2010 they used DENSO coils.
My 2010 turned 181,000 yesterday, im still on my factory coils.
We did see quite a few 09 owners encounter coil issues. If they are the factory coils, and knowing the history of the 09s, id change them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for all the great responses and believe me that they really help me take the info to my shop so they don't think that I'm just a dumb typical woman driver who doesn't know **** about her Acadia ... 🤔😉😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts