GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD Quicksilver Metallic Light / Titanium Leather
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I was wondering what a cylinder 6 misfire is? This happened today coming out of my neighborhood. There is this one bump you hit no matter how hard you try, and as soon as I hit it today my car said “engine power reduced” with the warning engine light. My car barley was going forward and grey smoke came out the back. I took it to the car place and they said cylinder 6 misfire. They cleared it and drove it, didn’t happen again. This is the first time this has happened besides one time the engine light came on when I was merging onto a major highway but it quickly went away. Anyways, has this happened to anyone else? Is it still a drivable car (could I make it 800 miles to New York)? Thank you!

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Several things come to mind, stuck or dirty injector, sticky valve, piece of carbon breaking off and tumbling around the cylinder.

·
Registered
2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD Quicksilver Metallic Light / Titanium Leather
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several things come to mind, stuck or dirty injector, sticky valve, piece of carbon breaking off and tumbling around the cylinder.
I know I’ve had my fuel injector replaced about 15k miles ago and I’m at 182k

·
Registered
2011 Carbon Black Metallic GMC Acadia Denali AWD
7 Posts
Ever heard a rattle at start-up? Timing chain rattle? I know those can stretch and cause a misfire or multiple cylinder misfire. I’d def get everything checked before going the timing chain route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts