GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went under my 2008 to change oil for the first time, and noticed that my passenger front CV joint boot has failed :mad:. The caliper, suspension and wheel are slathered in CV grease. My wife drives this vehicle 95% of the time with our boys, and has NEVER taken it off-road. I'm surprised to see a boot go out with just 5200 miles on the odometer.

:mad:At the same time, I noticed that my engine is leaking oil from somewhere along the passenger side. I was ready to put in 5.5 qts of Royal Purple - but with an engine leak like that, I'll save my oil until the dealership has done their work. Don't know if this has anything to do with getting the passenger side head and camshafts replaced due to the cam tolerance issue (Check Engine Light for no reason), but I do have my suspicions... This vehicle is on the same pace as my '95 Dodge Avenger for number of days in the shop per number of days owned...

·
Registered
16 Posts
This was the first oil change like ever? If it wasnt, then your truck is not leaking oil, all you see is the oil from the oil filter that drips slowly down after removing the filter from the top, i had the same scare, looked quickly assumed rear main, i was so pissed i loooked at it so quick that i jumped to conclusions, and anyways, its good, hope yours is the same?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Did you happen to notice if the boot looked like a tear/rupture vs. some type of abrasion from road debris?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts