GMC Acadia Forum banner

Did You Purchase Your Acadia As A Custom Order Or From Dealer Inventory???

• Custom Order

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dealer Inventory (same as Dealer Trade)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leasing = Purchase
If you are still waiting for delivery, assume it has arrived for purposes of this poll...Thank You!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
We were too greedy to wait. And honestly when we made our purchase, the general consensus on forums was a wait time of 8-12 weeks. That could possibly have put our order past my wife's due date. Since then, the time lines have been slightly better for most colors...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I voted "from dealer inventory" but technicallly it was ordered by the dealer for stock, but not built yet. It had everything on it I wanted (and more!) so it was earmarked for me. I did not custom order.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We ordered ours sometime in late October or early November 2006. I don't remember the exact date.

We were lucky enough to get our vehicle spec'd out the day after the inventory mgr at the dealership got the options/marketing book used to place the first order. They said we could spec out the vehicle with options and colors (w/no downpayment since they didn't having pricing at that time) and they would put it in with their first order as long as we didn't order anything that was far out of the marketing specs.

When my wife and I went to the dealer, we had all the option codes for all the options we wanted (basically loaded), and I guess since we had done so much research they must have felt that we were pretty serious about purchasing the vehicle and they ordered it exactly as we had spec'd.

The vehicle came in with the 2nd shipment. I'm not sure about other dealers around the country, but it seemed like the dealers in central Florida only received 1 vehicle on their 1st and 2nd shipments. I didn't see any AWD models in the first shipments in this area. I think we had the first AWD vehicle in this area.

I think we were pretty fortunate to get the vehicle we wanted that quickly. And if that weren't enough, the Dealer sold us the vehicle at invoice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ordered mine Jan 1st, still waiting, but there was only one so kind of had to custom order

·
Registered
123 Posts
We need another option on the poll, dealer trade. My local GMC/Pontiac delaer, from which I bought my Montana a few years back, did not have anything in stock. I located one on the web site and he traded for it. It was just as I would have ordered it though!

·
Registered
166 Posts
We ordered ours, in fact we've ordered all three of our vehicles. I'm patient and can wait to get exactly what I want.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
SAF - even though I chose dealer inventory on the poll, ours was the same situation. It was actually a dealer trade from another dealership about 50 miles away.

·
Registered
215 Posts
admin said:
SAF - even though I chose dealer inventory on the poll, ours was the same situation. It was actually a dealer trade from another dealership about 50 miles away.
same here. I would consider that "dealer inventory". just not at my dealer :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Order placed by dealer on 2/21 and we're still waiting. Last time I checked, (four days ago) it hadn't even been built yet. Anyone else having long wait periods? They told us 6-8 weeks, I'm hoping it will be more like 6. Also, has anyone else heard if the honeycomb grill for the Denali will be available for the Acadia?

·
Registered
116 Posts
KUrox said:
Order placed by dealer on 2/21 and we're still waiting. Last time I checked, (four days ago) it hadn't even been built yet. Anyone else having long wait periods? They told us 6-8 weeks, I'm hoping it will be more like 6.
I placed my order on 2/1 and I'm still waiting! My car was built on 2/28 and shipped on 3/8 by train from Michigan to South Carolina. I live in NC but for some reason ("that's just the way we do it") it is being driven from SC through NC to Virginia and then who knows where else before it comes back to NC. I was told it will be here by the 26th.

Since you didn't have to deal with railstrikes & VIN # problems, hopefully you will have yours quicker than most of us that have been waiting since Jan/early Feb.

It will be worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Very interesting results so far. There's a shocking number of orders on here! I knew they were hard to come by, but damn!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
admin said:
Very interesting results so far. There's a shocking number of orders on here! I knew they were hard to come by, but damn!
Either that or dealers haven't done a good job of anticipating the trim levels/accessories that customers actually want.

Kelly

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, everything on the dealer lots here in Georgia are either the base SLE model or the macked out SLT-2. Nothing much in between. So, ordering mine was the only option.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
GAgirl said:
Yeah, everything on the dealer lots here in Georgia are either the base SLE model or the macked out SLT-2. Nothing much in between. So, ordering mine was the only option.
Interesting. That' exactly my experience here in Salt Lake City. Either base or totally maxed.

Kelly

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've noticed a good blend in Denver between the base, medium, and high end models on the lots. Nothing EXACTLY like I want it, but then again I'm kinda picky.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Mine ordered all captain's chairs before we made our choice. By the time we went back, they were sold. We asked when and what they were getting in and they said all benches. I told our saleswoman that I thought that was the dumbest thing to order the same thing in different colors. Needless to say, the other dealers have sold out of their Acadias, but my dealer still has a couple on the lot!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got a good one...
Wifey and I went into a dealer on Sat. evening to casually work up a price on an Acadia. I was set on not buying right away. They come up with the exact car we want less than 50 miles away at a pretty good price: $300 over invoice. We did our thing, signed our lives away and were set to take delivery on Monday evening. I get to the dealer on Monday afternoon and they suddenly find out that one of the employees at the other dealer wrecked my Acadia by hitting a parked car! :violent:

He didn't decide to tell anyone until my dealer arrived for the trade. Needless to say, they burst my bubble! I didn't want to wait the agonizing 2 months for a factory order so my dealer found another one in Jersey the same night. I took delivery of that one the very next day! I can say that I'm pretty lucky for not having to wait as long as others have! Either way....those three days felt just as long as three months!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered ours on Feb 19th and have been standing at status code 3000 since then. Was told 6-10 weeks and will wait as long as necessary to receive exactly what we want. Sad to see Acadia was apparently left out of the March Madness rebate promo and since Conquest expired there doesn't seem to be any rebates left. We managed to get the SLT-1 with remote start, power liftgate, rear parking assist and HUD at $325 over invoice but an extra 1K would have been welcomed.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts