GMC Acadia Forum banner

How long did it take you to receive your custom order Acadia?

• 3-4 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-6 weeks

• 6-7 weeks

• 7-8 weeks

• 9+ weeks

• Haven't ordered yet

• Got so pissed off at waiting and I took the closest thing they located

• Been a long time and still waiting

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might be helpful for those ordering after us to gauge the time they can expect to wait for their order.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great Idea GaGirl!

I ordered mine on Jan 30th...wish I could vote and tell you my delivery time...but from what the dealerr is telling me it's likely to be about 6 weeks...I think the recall slowed me down. Most of his Acadia deliveries the 2 weeks leading up to my order were delivered in about 3-4 weeks on average.

Feel like a kid before Christmas.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wonderwhy the delay--color maybe? Haven't seen any Gold Mist Acadias--Have any of our Forum members seen/recieved a Gold Mist one yet??

·
Registered
194 Posts
It might be...the dealer said GMC screwed up the paint color, so they had to redo it. I've seen a couple on inverntory online, but none in person. It has been invoiced, so hopefully soon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hadn't realized how long it had been, until I had to count for the poll. Out of curiousity, how long did yours take from invoice to delivery

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Hey GaGirl, if you could, add a "NA, did not custom order" option or something like that so that those of us who didn't can see the poll results without skewing the numbers (you can't view results until you vote). Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't voted yet and I can see the results. Just click on "View Results" which is on the right.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Don't ask. This past Saturday was 6 weeks. MY Acadia has been sitting at the plant for over a week with the VIN issue.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Anyone have a clue on what's causing these delays? I thought the plant was moving along well.

6 weeks is norm for GM--30 days to process/build and 2 weeks in transportation

Some of these reports from our Forum members of delays have got to be frustrating.

·
Registered
310 Posts
002 said:
Anyone have a clue on what's causing these delays? I thought the plant was moving along well.

6 weeks is norm for GM--30 days to process/build and 2 weeks in transportation

Some of these reports from our Forum members of delays have got to be frustrating.
well, I would not rely on the Gold, Blue-Gold or White Tricoat times if you are ording a more regular color like the silver, carbon, blue, red, or white. Some of the recalls might be slowing things down as well, if it is on the factory lot awaiting transport, it would probably have to go back in for refit before it leaves. Secondly, the CN Rail delay, if it is not affecting the engine, could be constraining other parts. Even if GM doesn't use CN at all, the other carriers could be getting overloaded.

I am still hopeful, but other than coming here, I am trying to remain calm and not calling my dealer because that would probably just frustrate me more. Quite frankly, NY_Joe having it made and sitting on the lot would be frustrating to me knowing the transport is taking more than 2 weeks. I would rather just have the dealer call and surprise me it is in next week or the week after.

I am checking inventories though, just in case I see one I would want.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If the delay is related to them pulling the vehicle back into the factory to perform the recall work - that is not such a bad thing. I would rather wait another week for the car, versus having to bring it back to the dealer for a service call.
Also - this delay is most likely what is causing the dealerships that do have Acadias on the lot to hold their price a little more firmly.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
My delay is VIN related, as are others. Whatever else is being told may not be the full truth.

The re-flash can be done when it arrives at the dealer. I don't think they would send it back into the factory for that.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
My saleman calls me every other day with a status report. he wants to make his commision on the sale as well.

He is as eager as I am to get my hands on it.

He just called and said he found a Red Jewel/ TITANIUM with all my options plus HUD and the roof. I think in CT. I had to get clearance with the wife but she is OK with pics of the interior.

I think I may pull the trigger if the price is right.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
JB said:
Perhaps I missed the post - what is the VIN issue?
from status event codes thread

Well, I got news.

My truck is a 3800. woo hoo.

I also got news.It is part of over 360 Acadia's sitting outside the factory waiting for VIN plates. There seemed to be an issue with the VIN#'s with a few states. They were close in numbers(the last to Ford products.

They processed over 100 today and hope to completethe rest in the next day or so.

Salesman apologized over and over again about the delay.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
admin said:
Hey GaGirl, if you could, add a "NA, did not custom order" option or something like that so that those of us who didn't can see the poll results without skewing the numbers (you can't view results until you vote). Thanks!
I fixed it so you can vote that you haven't ordered yet. Hope that helps? That or you can click "View Results" and you don't have to vote in order to see how people are voting.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts