GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only custom grills I still see are those mesh overlays and the honeycomb overlay. There still isn't anything else out there? Anybody have any other sources for custom grills? Anything that's not an overlay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Update, the mesh is ready, but they only built a cutout overlay type version. I ordered one for the hell of it anyways, anything is better than stock. I guess I'll be painting my emblem!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pretty nice. You get a price on that? I emailed them to find a price, or a place to buy it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Price? To be honest I never even asked. I'm in the custom car industry so I get cost for everything. When the invoice comes I'll let you guys know what the suggested tag is on it, and of course, pictures. I'm still undecided whether to paint the emblem or replace it with a chrome to match.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmm, just checked out their site and didn't even realize they had the picture on there now! www.trexbillet.com for those that want to check it, its on the home page. They sell just the mesh also, so I may build a custom lower insert set as well instead of doing the E&G one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just installed a billet grille overlay from trex. The screws that arrived with the product were too long and had to be cut down. Besides that minor detail it was an easy install...and I love its looks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
stuey said:
Price? To be honest I never even asked. I'm in the custom car industry so I get cost for everything. When the invoice comes I'll let you guys know what the suggested tag is on it, and of course, pictures. I'm still undecided whether to paint the emblem or replace it with a chrome to match.
Do you have your own shop? Where you located? You should be advertising on here to drum up some business... :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used to have my own shop, but I still kept all my connections. I still am in the industry but work as an accounts executive for a large wheel manufacturer now. I installed the mesh grille on Thursday night, along with the billet GMC emblem. I found only the one bolt on the upper part of the 'C' needed to be cut down, the rest bolted on no problem. It looks great! While the E&G one looks good also, I think the trex one is superior just for the simple fact that it is a one piece unit that goes right on and doesnt come in three pieces like the E&G.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance. I washed it up Friday but now its rained all weekend so I didn't get a chance to take a good picture afterwords.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had the EG mesh grill since July and love the look. BUT BEWARE , when putting it on do not, I repeat do not over tighten the screws to the grill. I apparently didnt realize this and one snapped off the welding. As long as I dont drive with the hood up, I should be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found a great deal on a new one on ebay 85.00 (billet) It's just the style I prefer because I heard they're coming out w/ a denali acadia next yr and didn't want to have the same look. Wanted to stand out. Here's couple of pics of ones I found

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
uspskymom said:
I found a great deal on a new one on ebay 85.00 (billet) It's just the style I prefer because I heard they're coming out w/ a denali acadia next yr and didn't want to have the same look. Wanted to stand out. Here's couple of pics of ones I found
I've seen this one too but wondered why it is so much cheaper than the other grills on ebay. Just makes me curious about the quality, although it does advertise and being billet aluminum, so...?? Please post pics if you go this route, as I am getting ready to buy a grill soon too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts