GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Chicago Autoshow and wanted to share more pics of the custom SEMA Acadias. I think we saw the red and black before, but only from the front. Enjoy. Guess the tuners like the Carbon as the base...both had 22" wheels and grille overlay. They also had two-tone interior(Black with Red, and Black with Grey), to match the exterior paint work. Aside from visual cues, there didn't seem to be any performance mods like Gravana Jim's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Not so sure I'm crazy about the two tone, but I'm liking the real metallic black. That solid black Acadia Denali is gonna look sweet someday! Still, very interesting. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, if I had to choose I would go with the red/black combo over the other. The white over black is just too extreme for my tastes, and kinda wrecks the lines of the car.

It just seems to me that the Acadia doesn't do custom well, perhaps because I'm so pleased with the factory product. All the mods I see strike me as a takeaway, rather than an 'add' but that's my opinion.

Like Admin says...I'm so waiting on the Denali! :thumb:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That third shot was actually silver over black, but it didn't come out well in the pictures. Regardless, I agree a bit too much of a contrast for my tastes. :cheers: I'm just not getting the whole two-tone look in general? The member from the Enclave forum did the same with his SEMA Enclave. Cocoa on bottom, white on top. Maybe GM made special stipulations to the modification process discouraging shops from ditching the OEM colors altoghether and this was the only way to make it stand out? Personally if I had the opportunity, I'd might pick a totally different color and reshoot the whole car...like a nice gunmetal. :)

I do understand why the base color was the black though, as it blends with the lower cladding. Can you imagine what the thing wold look like with a red top, silver doors, then black plastic on bottom? Yikes! :eek:

·
Registered
207 Posts
You know those are nice but I just don't like the lack of rubber in those wheel wells. Where I'm from that was the typical wheel/tire look of the local hispanic boys and I knew them well but I hated the way they set up their car wheels. It reminds me of the old days before 20's when they ran 13's with little rubber and had the rim sticking out midway of the tire. Talk about negative offset!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rod S said:
You know those are nice but I just don't like the lack of rubber in those wheel wells. Where I'm from that was the typical wheel/tire look of the local hispanic boys and I knew them well but I hated the way they set up their car wheels. It reminds me of the old days before 20's when they ran 13's with little rubber and had the rim sticking out midway of the tire. Talk about negative offset!
??? :crazy: I don't get it! The style of that ethnic group as I know it typically has the wheels sticking out past the body by about 6 inches or so. These are NOWHERE near that style...

·
Registered
207 Posts
No... they don't stick out and they look nice but there is way too much space between the fender lip and the rubber for me. ;D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay...didn't know that as just a Hispanic thing, at least not what I see in the Chicago area. Sounds like they just didn't lower the car then...If you are plus sizing properly the space between the fender and the top of the tire will remain the same whether using OEM 18" wheels or 24" aftermarket wheels. With each increase in the wheel diameter, you decrease the sidewall height accordingly. Moving up in size on the wheel, then keeping the same sidewall ratio will cause the speedometer to be out of whack possibly cause driving concerns. Am I understanding you correctly?

You want the whole wheel well to be filled up with the wheel and tire combo, but expect more tire? :help:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes. It's my own personal issue. I've spent too much time on the discount tire calculator, tire rack and my local shop trying to find a happy medium where it doesn't look too ghetto and potentially ride rough and getting that nice overall clean looking combo that I want. I've bounced around 22's, 20's and we even mocked up some 24's just for grins. It doesn't help that there is still a fairly limited selection of rims to chose from for our vehicle.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i agree with you Rod S, they were a little skinny for my taste too, although as what imgntht stated, they need a little bit of lowering in the suspension to fill up the space between the tires and the fenders.... as of now theres not enough tire and wheel combo that matched well for the Acadia unless you go for a set of fully custumized rims which is still way expensive and a lowering kit to balanced the looks as well as the ride. Gyrion 8 seems to have the perfect combination for a set of 22's....

guess we just have to wait and see for more options in the future..... ;D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not crazy about the look. I had low profile tires once and would never do it again. I prefer a beefer looking tire and with the low profiles Not only do you feel the bumps more but I ended up replacing two due to bubbles in the side walls (pot holes). Good thing we had the tire replacement plan.

Lee

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't like the 2 tone either. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts