·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went with 20x8.5 and tire size is 285-50-R20 Yokohama’s Parada Spec-X

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wheels look good. Clean and not too pimp. 8)

Any changes in handling, gas mileage, ride, etc?

I am interested, but I am concerned that the vehicle may have been engineered for optimal performance with the 18" stock wheels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
NICE!!!

Chrome wheels are the best....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice looking rig!

Who manufactured those sweet rims? Due to the bolt pattern were they custom drilled?

I'm considering upgrading my 18's to 20's, any ride handling issues?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Acadia1 said:
Nice looking rig!

Who manufactured those sweet rims? Due to the bolt pattern were they custom drilled?

Thanks!!
I think those are Zinik wheels (Shogun / Z1) drilled to spec (if not they are very similar). I am thinking about getting the Sofi / Z21. I too would love to know if there is any scrubbing.

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
They aren't the Shogun rims, those are a 5 spoke and the one pictured is a 7 spoke. The white Acadia in another wheel thread has the Shogun in 22". But your right they look to be similar.

I too was interested in the Z21, but don't think its possible for a 6-hole bolt pattern. I could be wrong but based on the shape of the center cap it looks like the central area isn't large enough to support 6-holes. Check into it though and let us know. I refuse to call them back and buy any of their rims. I called to inquire about custom drilling and their SALES team (or Sales-Prevention team) told me nothing they make can be custom-drilled for the Acadia. Even told me the Z21 was not made for an SUV, yet it clearly says it on the website and even shows a BMW X5 with them on it. I called him out on it and said they only fit the BMW brand.... :bs:

·
Registered
117 Posts
imgntht said:
I called to inquire about custom drilling and their SALES team (or Sales-Prevention team) told me nothing they make can be custom-drilled for the Acadia. Even told me the Z21 was not made for an SUV, yet it clearly says it on the website and even shows a BMW X5 with them on it. I called him out on it and said they only fit the BMW brand.... :bs:
I had a similar experience, I spoke with Howard and he advised me to contact any local Big 10 or Discount Tire as dealers in my area. He also assured me that any of the "SUV" rims will work fine on the Acadia, but was not much more help. After calling about 10 of these big chains, I gave up. Half of them say , "Z-who"? The other half say, ya we really don't do aftermaket wheels. One guy suggested that the Z-21 are for cars only.....but I mentioned the X5 and he was at a loss.

I last spoke to KC Trends in Kansas City per a suggestion in another thread. They were very knowledgable and easy to deal with. I spoke to Felix. The price there was as good as any (if not better) at $1335 for a set of 4. The question remains if these will actually work on the Acadia, but I am sure Felix can determine that when I am ready to buy.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Let us know if they do in fact confirm the Z21 would work. I probably wouldn't get them if you did just so each of us could remain unique (even though we don't even live near each other...I'm wierd like that).

I too tried Discount Tire as they are close to me, my family and I have dealt with them in the past all with good experiences, and they carried about 3 different styles I was interested in. As with Zinik they seemed clueless about the Acadia and said nothing fits it yet...well no kidding, I igured your computer would say that! Now listen to what I am asking (CUSTOM DRILLED), and use some common sense. They didn't even offer to call any manufacturers to research it for me.

My last experience was with a National Tire & Battery(NTB). What a pleasure to work with. He listened and understood what I was trying to do and even called a manufacturer for me to see if the style rim I was interested in could be custom drilled. Unfortunately it could not, but he even went a step further and suggested 2 other rims(neither were my taste) that could work. Wish I could remember his name, I would call back and provide some positive feedback to his boss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your best bet is to go to your Rim shop and ask them what companies custom drill at the factory. I believe they are 6/132. The styles they will show you are with a cap over the lug nuts, hiding them. Some of the major companies custom drill them. Mine were made in China and shipped to LA to the main company were the drill them in LA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, Rocafella, I've been to every rim shop in my area and tried all kinds of websites, with no luck. I guess I'm too picky (looking for a six, but prefer a seven spoke rim) with some class. Just thought you might be able to help. I'll continue my quest.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just got back from a service visit to my dealer. Walked around the showroom while I was waiting. They had an Acadia with 22inch wheels - 285/40/R22 sitting on the floor that just looked awesome. The tires were ZIEX S/T204 M/S. Don't know what the rims were but were chrome 6 spoked . kinda maed me drool

·
Registered
683 Posts
How dare you post here and not know the name of the rim...or a picture! LOL. What a tease! :mad:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ya, I know - :banghead: :banghead:. But I thought it was pretty cool that the dealer had it on the floor. I would have asked one of the salemen, but they were like the salemen.

·
Registered
117 Posts
imgntht said:
Let us know if they do in fact confirm the Z21 would work. I probably wouldn't get them if you did just so each of us could remain unique (even though we don't even live near each other...I'm wierd like that).

I too tried Discount Tire as they are close to me, my family and I have dealt with them in the past all with good experiences, and they carried about 3 different styles I was interested in. As with Zinik they seemed clueless about the Acadia and said nothing fits it yet...well no kidding, I igured your computer would say that! Now listen to what I am asking (CUSTOM DRILLED), and use some common sense. They didn't even offer to call any manufacturers to research it for me.

My last experience was with a National Tire & Battery(NTB). What a pleasure to work with. He listened and understood what I was trying to do and even called a manufacturer for me to see if the style rim I was interested in could be custom drilled. Unfortunately it could not, but he even went a step further and suggested 2 other rims(neither were my taste) that could work. Wish I could remember his name, I would call back and provide some positive feedback to his boss.
The Zinik Z21 (Sofi) was a no go on the acadia. However, the Z14 (Ferara) will work.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks dmann33 for following up on this. So only the Z14 was the only rim they said could work? Darn...the hunt continues! ::)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ok, now I feel bad. I call the dealer Boulevard GMC in Long Beach, CA. and see if I can find out what rims they used for the 22's.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Called the dealer back. they said it was a Vinik (or zinik?) Blaser 04. It looked an lot like the photo at the top of the page. hope that helps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
imgntht said:
Thanks dmann33 for following up on this. So only the Z14 was the only rim they said could work? Darn...the hunt continues! ::)
Well, the Z14 (Ferara) was my 2nd choice of their offerings so I stopped there. They did say that if it says "SUV" on their website, it they can be fitted to the Acadia - As far as I know the Z21 Sofi is the only exception to that rule.

As SANDMAN pointed out, the Z04 Blazer also fit. We also know the Zinik Shogun works as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts