GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see if anyone has placed an order through their dealer in the past few months. With the decrease in production, I'm curious as to the turnaround time for a custom ordered Acadia.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
6 - 8 weeks likely. You can probably find one to meet your needs on a lot somehwere nearby.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Not much luck on local lots, or all of California - have scoured gmbuypower and working with a broker as well.

Looking for an AWD Summit White/Titanium SLT1 with Technology, Visibility, Trailering, Pwr Liftgate. Very few with with the Technology package around; most left on the lots are loaded SLT2s, and include NAV, dual sunroofs, 19" Wheels - big boosts in cost that I would like to avoid.

Found a Quicksilver that almost meets the specs, but we're almost willing to wait for the turnaround on a custom order for our preferred Summit White.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I found a note that yesterday was the last day to order 2009 Acadias in either Dark Crimson or Deep Blue Metallic, so this shouldn't affect you, mtnbound. I can't find any changes in the order lead times, but it may take a little longer since they have reduced production.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
GeoHawk said:
I found a note that yesterday was the last day to order 2009 Acadias in either Dark Crimson or Deep Blue Metallic, so this shouldn't affect you, mtnbound. I can't find any changes in the order lead times, but it may take a little longer since they have reduced production.
Well thank goodness; no more orders for purple (Dark Crimson) :D

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Mtn - good choice on the Summit white - that's what we have and also avoided many of the costly extras. Good luck with the seacrh or order. We ordered ours back in Aug 07 and it was delivered witin 7 weeks or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told this week by a dealer that 09 Acadia ordering is done. Now ordering 2010s with delivery in late July - early Aug.
Anyone else hear/confirm this?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I haven't heard that; I would think they would update gmc.com with info concerning the 2010 model

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Probably still a bit early to be ordering 10s but maybe worth a wait if you're in no rush.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it is true that they are no longer taking orders on 09's, does that mean that they have stopped production of the 09's? That would mean dealers are not getting any more inventory. Even with sales down, dealer inventory seems to be getting lower. GM seems to be doing a good job of keeping supply and demand in check. At least on their more desirable vehicles.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
fdefulvio said:
If it is true that they are no longer taking orders on 09's, does that mean that they have stopped production of the 09's? That would mean dealers are not getting any more inventory. Even with sales down, dealer inventory seems to be getting lower. GM seems to be doing a good job of keeping supply and demand in check. At least on their more desirable vehicles.
My dealer has about 5 new 09's on the lot and roughly 5-6 used Acadia's on the lot

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
We went through the website issue last year- it always lags what is going on. We had to "hack" the URL to get 2009 vehicle info, and we had a hard time here in the S.E. US in August ordering/getting prices for the 2009 models even when they were being delivered in Chicago. No doubt the same thing will take place this year.

Seems kind of soon for an order cutoff considering a 3 week or so build time frame, but with the financial situation this may have caused the result.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
We went through the website issue last year- it always lags what is going on. We had to "hack" the URL to get 2009 vehicle info, and we had a hard time here in the S.E. US in August ordering/getting prices for the 2009 models even when they were being delivered in Chicago. No doubt the same thing will take place this year.

Seems kind of soon for an order cutoff considering a 3 week or so build time frame, but with the financial situation this may have caused the result.
I would think since the Lansing plant is staying open that they would be kicking vehicles out; I guess that's why I'm not CEO of GMC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts