GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are inventory levels as of April 1 according to http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA16747413.PDF

ModelInv UnitsDays Spply
GMC Acadia940046
Saturn Outlook9900125

Some competitors:

Mazda CX9670077
Acura MDX900053
Ford Freestyle1220079
Honda Pilot3000059

·
Registered
524 Posts
Go ahead, enlighten me. Should that tell me that the Acadia is better than the rest? 8)

Honestly it means nothing to me. So expound a little please.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan - that shows how many vehicles are already built and ready for shipping/sale and, based on current sales figures, the approximate number of days they anticipate it will take to deplete the current inventory.

It doesn't say that any particular vehicle is better than any other. I just thought it might be interesting for members to see. It basically gives you some idea of projected sales figures. For example, there are 9400 Acadias, which GM predicts as a 46 days supply. So that means, on average, they expect to sell about 204 Acadias a day over the next month and a half. The CX9, though, has 6700 units built expected to sell in 77 days, or about 87 per day.

Canuck - I have no idea where the Canadian inventory numbers are... sorry.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not many outlooks or Acadias in the Seattle area. I would say there are probably a few more outlooks on the lots. Only seen one Acadia on the road so far. Have not noticed any outlooks on the road.

·
Registered
151 Posts
admin said:
Dan - that shows how many vehicles are already built and ready for shipping/sale and, based on current sales figures, the approximate number of days they anticipate it will take to deplete the current inventory.

It doesn't say that any particular vehicle is better than any other. I just thought it might be interesting for members to see. It basically gives you some idea of projected sales figures. For example, there are 9400 Acadias, which GM predicts as a 46 days supply. So that means, on average, they expect to sell about 204 Acadias a day over the next month and a half. The CX9, though, has 6700 units built expected to sell in 77 days, or about 87 per day.

Canuck - I have no idea where the Canadian inventory numbers are... sorry.
It's wild to me to think that every day 204 Acadias are expected to be sold. That is amazing and cool! Go GM

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think it reflects that to save Saturn, GM is going to have to change the way the sell them. Anybody who has not had a weird buying experience needs to stop by a Saturn dealer and try to talk turkey with them. :banghead:
Tried to discuss purchase of a demo Aura with 5000 miles, they were willing to discount $700 over buying a new one, laughed all the way out of the dealership

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My biggest issue with the local Saturn place was the fact that the Sales Manager spent so much time and energy bashing GMC (in an effort to talk me out of the Acadia and into an Outlook). He basically said that Acadias were junk and didn't have even close to the same build quality as the Outlooks. He then went on to tell me how GMC dealers were idiots and crooks and would do everything in their power to rip me off. WTH??? I mean, I know you're trying to sell a car, but come on, they are family! The GMC guys had nothing but good things to say about the Outlook, on the other hand. Said they were practically identical, pointed out their handful of differences and told me I should probably choose which one I wanted based on Looks, since that's their major difference. Now I doubt this is a universal Saturn tactic, but that guy lost me as a potential customer forever (and since I now run three forums, possibly many more people as well).

Saturn of Sterling VA buyers beware!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Saturn dealer across from GMC dealer (same company) in my town, seven Outlooks in the lot - not moving, Acadia's are so hot, they had to pull one inside so they could actually talk about it, because they were selling so fast outside. :blob: Every time they had one land in the lot, they were sold the next day! They have to discount the Saturn's down more, as the perceived quality difference (for me also) is that GMC is the way to go. Buick on the other hand, my perception is it will be too costly for me now, but ok when I'm 50ish.

·
Registered
125 Posts
admin said:
My biggest issue with the local Saturn place was the fact that the Sales Manager spent so much time and energy bashing GMC (in an effort to talk me out of the Acadia and into an Outlook). He basically said that Acadias were junk and didn't have even close to the same build quality as the Outlooks. He then went on to tell me how GMC dealers were idiots and crooks and would do everything in their power to rip me off. WTH??? I mean, I know you're trying to sell a car, but come on, they are family! The GMC guys had nothing but good things to say about the Outlook, on the other hand. Said they were practically identical, pointed out their handful of differences and told me I should probably choose which one I wanted based on Looks, since that's their major difference. Now I doubt this is a universal Saturn tactic, but that guy lost me as a potential customer forever (and since I now run three forums, possibly many more people as well).
Gee, If I changed GMC to Saturn, and vice versa, that story could describe my experience with the local GMC dealer.

THE POINT IS: It happens at MANY (I want to say all, but that would not be correct) dealers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cravenfan said:
Saturn dealer across from GMC dealer (same company) in my town, seven Outlooks in the lot - not moving, Acadia's are so hot, they had to pull one inside so they could actually talk about it, because they were selling so fast outside. :blob: Every time they had one land in the lot, they were sold the next day! They have to discount the Saturn's down more, as the perceived quality difference (for me also) is that GMC is the way to go. Buick on the other hand, my perception is it will be too costly for me now, but ok when I'm 50ish.
It's funny that you mentioned that Cravenfan because I observed something similar here in DFW. In the Garland, Mesquite, North Dallas area (who really knows where the borders are) there is a GMC dealership and a Saturn dealership just down the road. The GMC dealership had 2 Acadias on the lot, they were both SLT-2s tricked out all the bells and whistles, both over 40k. Then my wife and I drove down the road to see the Outlooks and they must have had 14 or so on the lot, but they were all very very basic. None of them had leather and I believe only one had a DVD player. Two of the things we wanted.

To make a long story short I ended up getting referred to a company called D&M Leasing, I told them what we wanted and they found it and delivered it to my work within 3 days. We worked all the numbers over the phone. It has to be the best "buying" experience I've ever had. AMAZING!! It helped that we know exactly what we wanted.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MrBiz said:
Gee, If I changed GMC to Saturn, and vice versa, that story could describe my experience with the local GMC dealer.
THE POINT IS: It happens at MANY (I want to say all, but that would not be correct) dealers.
Biz, I don't doubt that at all. IMO, it's a terrible sales tactic. If you want to be a company man and bash ford, toyota and honda, I'm all for that. Even if I disagree, I understand the reasoning. But to bash not only another GM product, but the very badge engineered sister car to the one you're trying to sell me is just plain dumb. I viewed it as a complete insult to my intelligence - was I supposed to believe that when an Outlook rolled off the line, quality was top notch, but then 15 minutes later, when an Acadia came down that same line that all those same employees just dazed off and quality plummeted, only to return to full form 3 vehicles later? Absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
151 Posts
DANK said:
What did you end up paying ?(lease payment)
it was fully loaded correct?
DAN
Boy Dan what a personal question. We just met!!!

We didn't get a FULLY FULLY loaded Acadia but we did get a SLT-1 with leather, dvd, hud, rear park assist and a power lift gate. The total sticker came to just over 36k. We got it below 30k with trade in and down payment. Our lease payment is $512 for 48 months. This is my first leasing experience but my leasing agent assured me it was a good payment and that we got a good rate from Wells Fargo, 4.4%. He also said that the banks are conservative on the Acadias and Outlooks right now because they don't know how much the will be worth in 4 years. They are guessing 12k, he's thinking around 14 or 15k. So he said there is a good chance we might get a check back after the lease is over because we paid too much over the years.

We'll see, like I said this is a new experience for me. I'll be sure to follow up. Right now we are just enjoying the ride. This is the first car that we were able to get everything we wanted. Maybe in 4 years we'll get another one!

Ryan

·
Registered
82 Posts
jrc50 said:
I think it reflects that to save Saturn, GM is going to have to change the way the sell them. Anybody who has not had a weird buying experience needs to stop by a Saturn dealer and try to talk turkey with them. :banghead:
Tried to discuss purchase of a demo Aura with 5000 miles, they were willing to discount $700 over buying a new one, laughed all the way out of the dealership
I went to a Saturn Dealership in Southfield MI. I was told two things. The first thing was "We don't take the GM card". Then I was quoted a price of over $700.00 a month for a Vue-Greenline. Since they don't negoiate I just laughed and walked out the door.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
rme8494 said:
DANK said:
DAN
We didn't get a FULLY FULLY loaded Acadia but we did get a SLT-1 with leather, dvd, hud, rear park assist and a power lift gate. The total sticker came to just over 36k. We got it below 30k with trade in and down payment. Our lease payment is $512 for 48 months. This is my first leasing experience but my leasing agent assured me it was a good payment and that we got a good rate from Wells Fargo, 4.4%. He also said that the banks are conservative on the Acadias and Outlooks right now because they don't know how much the will be worth in 4 years. They are guessing 12k, he's thinking around 14 or 15k. So he said there is a good chance we might get a check back after the lease is over because we paid too much over the years.
Just a few things...

1- How much money did you pay at signing,if any? If your lease price doesn't include tax b/c you paid it up front than that was a bad deal. My Acadia stickered at over $45k and I am only paying $20 more a month for only 39 months. If the lease price includes sales tax then it was probably a good deal.

2- 4.4% (money factor) is a great MF.Gm is offereing 7.2 or 8.2%

3- In a lease, you never get money back. If you paid to much over the years, too bad. That is the danger of leasing the car early in its life cycle. The only way you willgetmoney out of this car is if you end yourlease early and efficively trade the car in to get into another lease. If it is worth more than the buyout, then you will make money off of it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
rme8494 said:
Cravenfan said:
It's funny that you mentioned that Cravenfan because I observed something similar here in DFW. In the Garland, Mesquite, North Dallas area (who really knows where the borders are) there is a GMC dealership and a Saturn dealership just down the road. The GMC dealership had 2 Acadias on the lot, they were both SLT-2s tricked out all the bells and whistles, both over 40k. Then my wife and I drove down the road to see the Outlooks and they must have had 14 or so on the lot, but they were all very very basic. None of them had leather and I believe only one had a DVD player. Two of the things we wanted.
I've had the same experience here in SE PA. The Saturn Dealers all had 7-10 on the lot while the GMC dealers have 1-3. Neither had what I wanted, though, so I had to order. The dealer kept trying to tell me that there was a $1300 premium between the Outlook and the Acadia. I called BS, and in the end I got a better price and better trade-in deal on the Acadia. I really would have taken either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A GMC dealer in our area has like 3 acadia's i think and right down the road there is Saturn dealer that has a ton of outlooks probably like 14 or 15

·
Registered
151 Posts
NY_Joe said:
rme8494 said:
DANK said:
DAN
Just a few things...

1- How much money did you pay at signing,if any? If your lease price doesn't include tax b/c you paid it up front than that was a bad deal. My Acadia stickered at over $45k and I am only paying $20 more a month for only 39 months. If the lease price includes sales tax then it was probably a good deal.

2- 4.4% (money factor) is a great MF.Gm is offereing 7.2 or 8.2%

3- In a lease, you never get money back. If you paid to much over the years, too bad. That is the danger of leasing the car early in its life cycle. The only way you willgetmoney out of this car is if you end yourlease early and efficively trade the car in to get into another lease. If it is worth more than the buyout, then you will make money off of it.
Thanks for the reply NY_Joe. You've got me thinking now. I know we paid nothing at signing outside of the down payment. The tags, title and taxes were included in the price of the car. I'm surprised that your Acadia is more than mine yet you're paying only $20 more a month for a shorter lease. But then again I think there are lot of factors in this deal I don't fully understand.

As for the the money back comment I'm going to check with my leasing agent again because he told us more than once that if we over pay over the lease and the car is worth more that what they estimated that we could get a physical check back. We went through a company that specializes in leasing and not a dealership if that makes any difference. Anyway thats for the heads up and I'll follow up with my guy and let you know what he says.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts