GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking over the incentives for the western US, and noticed that the Outlook has better incentives than the Acadia right now.

2007 Outlook: 1.9% or $1000 cash
2007 Acadia: 4.9% or $0 cash
2008 Enclave: 4.9% or $0 cash

Don't know the loan term to get the discounted rate; usually it's 3 years.

Here is the link:

http://www.gmbuypower.com/currentOf...43DD17F5B?state=UT&county=Salt+Lake&region=10

I think this is yet another commentary on how well the GMC is selling over the Saturn, and that GM is taking steps to keep the Outlook moving off the showroom floors.

My red jewel Acadia was put on a train April 10th. It's currently somewhere between Detroit and Utah; I hope it arrives soon.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Enclave is getting $1000 Conquest incentive. There is an image problem with Saturn...no one wants to pay that kind of money on a Saturn. I don't know why they didn't give the Outlook to Chevy. But this IS GM.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Conquest $1000 incentive is available on the Acadia, and is not available on the Outlook if the special financing is taken. I don't know if Conquest is available if the rate is not taken, though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For some reason, the conquest rebate is not listed at all on this website.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
xcskier said:
For some reason, the conquest rebate is not listed at all on this website.
I don't think Conquest has ever been advertised on GM's sites. But dealers have certainly been honoring it and both edmunds.com and autodollars.com show it being available. I suspect GM isn't advertising it much because it's only available to owners of non-GM vehicles, and they want to lay low on this one with their loyal customers who may not be eligible.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Also remember that the financing rates are as follows:

36Mo = 4.9%
48Mo = 5.9%
60Mo = 6.9%

You only get the lowest rate with the shortest term. The 0.0% w/ no conquest on the Outlook is better than the Acadia most of the time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
fenwah said:
There is an image problem with Saturn...no one wants to pay that kind of money on a Saturn.
That may be your personal opinion, but it is not a fact.

·
Registered
185 Posts
MrBiz said:
fenwah said:
There is an image problem with Saturn...no one wants to pay that kind of money on a Saturn.
That may be your personal opinion, but it is not a fact.
Realizing they are essentially the same car with a different grille and tail lights, I would have bought either. In fact, I was leaning towards the Outlook because the GMC dealer impressed upon me that there was about a $1,300 premium for the Acadia. When the deal was done and the smoke cleared the GMC dealer actually gave me a better price.

My opinion... an educated consumer should realize that the two are very similar and Saturn should not be at a disadvantage due to branding alone. I'm not too familiar with the Enclave, but the finish and fitup should be different enough not to compete as closely with the other two.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I took delivery last week, 4/10. got the $1000 conquest cash, and used my GM card earnings of $2,000+. Well, wouldnt you know it, today in the mail I get a GM card brochure offering $1000 bonus cash on Acadias (and other models) for deliveries taken between 4/18 and 6/18. It took 7 weeks to get my Acadia. If it would have taken 8 weeks and 2 days I would have saved another $1000!!! I will however take the brochure into the dealer and plead my case, however I'm not very optimistic. Oh well, timing is everything.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I picked up my Acadia today. Now if GM would just send me the same brochure...oh yeah.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts