GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a warning - watch those cup holder inserts, if you have a large enough cup they will stick to the bottom of the cup - I stopped at a gas station and pulled the cup out to throw it in the trash - as I let go of the cup into the trash a noticed a black cap on the bottom - I realized I just threw out the cup holder insert - luckily I noticed and the cup was near the top of the trash and I pulled it out. I am sure they are not expensive to replace - just a hassle to get to the dealer and order.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
It's one of the very few things that annoy me about my Acadia. LOL That insert sticks to my bottles of water constantly.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I wonder if just a dab of loctite or white glue would be enough to keep them in their place :whip:

·
Registered
118 Posts
mine are sleeping in the glove box.

·
Registered
752 Posts
cleaning? :drunk:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You know, they were made in Canada!!

LOL No offense! ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was thinking a small square of Velcro with the self adheisive would work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think you guys might not have them in all the way. I use mine about 18 hours a day with bottles and cups that fit very tight in there. I've never had a problem with them coming out.

I love these cup holders! They fit any size drink in there.

·
Super Moderator
21,714 Posts
jerzeygirl70 said:
Where can we purchase the cup holder inserts for our 07 acadia? We just purchased our Acadia and the inserts were missing.
Try GMPartsDirect, or some other GM parts site. If you use the keyword "liner" in the site's search box while you're in the Body Hardware section, you should be able to find them. It's part #7 in this diagram.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was looking at my cup holders today when I was in it and mine don't come out easy because they are under the chrome bezels just as member kjf said. I also realized that in order to remove them easily you need to first remove part number 6 in Speleos diagram. It comes out real easy. Just pull up on both sides just in front of the roller door but you need to make sure the shifter is in neutral first. On my 2009 in order for me to put my shifter in neutral my key needs to be in the ON position while pushing on the brake peddle.

·
Super Moderator
21,714 Posts
DTSGUY said:
I was looking at my cup holders today when I was in it and mine don't come out easy because they are under the chrome bezels just as member kjf said. I also realized that in order to remove them easily you need to first remove part number 6 in Speleos diagram. It comes out real easy. Just pull up on both sides just in front of the roller door but you need to make sure the shifter is in neutral first. On my 2009 in order for me to put my shifter in neutral my key needs to be in the ON position while pushing on the brake peddle.
Interesting. Both of my inserts are easily removed by just pulling them out of the cup holder - they're only rubber cups. No other parts need to be removed. In fact, one got stuck to a tight-fitting soda bottle and was inadvertently thrown in the trash. :eek:

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Speleos said:
Interesting. Both of my inserts are easily removed by just pulling them out of the cup holder - they're only rubber cups. No other parts need to be removed.
x2 I removed the insert from the aft cup holder so it would snugly hold my ASHTRAY.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts