GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing a box for my '07 Acadia i was wondering how to make the crossbars slide forwards and back down the roof rails. I've undone the hand screws behind the crossbars but it doesn't seem to let them slide front to back. Any suggestions, the manual says nothing about roof racks except the weight ratings.

·
Registered
752 Posts
One more thing. The top attachment has a special screw (so people can't easily unscrew it). Its a torx or something like that. The dealer may not have give it to you. If I remember correctly it kinda looks like a hex driver ("L" shaped). I'm pretty sure there was another link that talked about that or maybe in the same link I sent you. But without that driver, you can't loosen up the crossbars.

·
Registered
752 Posts
OK, finally found the old link. Hopefully this helps http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=76.msg6501#msg6501

The top screw which is a torx head is the main link. Until you loosen this, nothing will budge. I don't remember having to pull any plastic up to access the screws - but its been awhile. Once again, I stress, the top screw is the key! Good luck :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts