GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or know where I can get the dimensions of the add-on rack cross-rails? Thule sells an adapter that bolts on to the factory cross-rails and 2008 models haven't made it into their fit documentation yet.

(These adapters will work on my current Rendezvous, but I'm about to order an Acadia and ditch the Rendezvous. Yoo Hoo!)

Any comments on the metalic black? I'm a little fearful of the heat it will attract in the summer, but overall I really like the looks of it.

Thanks.

jh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know what the dimensions are,but they are fully adjustable front to rear.
Width should'nt be a problem.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe the width of a single crossbar is needed. The adapters slip over the crossbar and allow most of the Thule attachments to work without having to purchase Thule crossbars.

The Metallic Black color won't be an issue. I have a Charcoal Outlook with the ebony leather interior and the sunroofs. It has been to Arizona in the middle of summer and all day on the I-5 in mid to southern California in the summer as well. My four year old daughter complained that is was too cold in the Outlook. I even had the seat warmers on to heat my lower back. The A/C does an excellent job of keeping things cool. The exterior body panels did not absorb as much heat as I had anticipated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts