GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each year we travel from So Cal to near Flint, MI (about 2500 miles). On this year's trip (April 16-23) we made a stop in Houston, so the trip was approx. 2900 miles. Our Acadia performed beautifully and the 6-speed is very nice, especially negotiating hills in cruise control. Gas mileage was respectible. We were carrying 230 lbs of people, 20 pounds of dog and about 250 lbs of cargo. Kept cruise control at 73 mph all the way except lower for short stretches through Indiana and Illinois. Got (approximates) 23 mpg in CA, AZ; 24.5 in NM and western TX (85 Octane); 23 in central and east TX; 22.5 in AR, MO and 22 in IL, IN and MI. Spent $425 on gas compared to $285 last year for 2500 mile trip. $.146 per mile this year versus $.114 last year (about same MPG each year. That's about a 28% increase over last year.

The NAV system (our first one) was great. Guided us flawlessly to motels and POI helped us find favorite restaurants easily. The side-view mirrors are great too. They virtually eliminate blind spots (still, don't pull out without turning your head). Cargo room is good (we have to keep 2nd row free for the puppy, though. We had two Mazda MPVs before this vehicle and were able to carry a little more (golf clubs that we left behind this year).

Didn't have a drop of rain, so I can't comment on traction issues or visibility. The climate control was good though we rarely used AUTO, chosing to set our own fan and temps. Experienced outside temps between 65 and 98 degrees We had very high winds from CA to TX and the Acadia really held the road well. The tailwind probably accounted for a little higher MPG in the mountain states . The XUV is very stable in crosswinds and gives you a really safe feeling because of it's weight and footprint.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
WOW!!! I bow to you! :notworthy: We are driving to VA this summer and I think THAT is a loooong drive. Hope the weather was good for you in Houston. It got down to 45 last night. How was the comfort of the seats on that long of a drive? Glad to hear the MPG was good with that much cargo.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great write up. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get my Acadia!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Only 230 lbs. of people? How many people is that? Has to be at least 2 because you said "we". Are you getting enough to eat? ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Typo. How about 330 lbs. :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reply to mckcab: Weather was great in Houston 75 and low humidity. Seats are very comfortable. Usually use a lumbar pillow on long drives but didn't need it because of seat adjustment range and Acadia's lumbar setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts