GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3,470 Posts
Wondering of installing a proper placement of roof mounted vortex generators might help?
They wouldn't be too visible upon the roof and might kill or reduce the wind noise.

Look for them online. Available in different sizes and from quite a few vendors.

· Registered
2 Posts
In some way I found a solution. In Hawaii most people buy rail wraps that are padded and Velcro around the rail, so when you put a surfboard on, it doesn't damage the board. I finally put mine on the back at first and still had the noise then front and the noise went away. I didn't test further by pulling the back one and then knowing if it's the front, back or both rails causing the noise.

· Registered
3,470 Posts
In some way I found a solution. In Hawaii most people buy rail wraps that are padded and Velcro around the rail, so when you put a surfboard on, it doesn't damage the board. I finally put mine on the back at first and still had the noise then front and the noise went away. I didn't test further by pulling the back one and then knowing if it's the front, back or both rails causing the noise.
I've seen some put sliced swim tubes or some ot those water pipe insulation foam over cross bars as well. and then wrap in a few places with tape.

· Registered
1 Posts
Similar issue with my 2023. Just had them installed today and very noticeable above 40mph and at 70 it sounds like we’re driving through a wind tunnel. Going to look at the install closer when I get home.

Edit: tried something that didn’t work. I bought an assortment of rubber caps off Amazon and found a size that covers the screw holes. It did seem to get rid of whistling but not the whoosh of wind noise. Ordering some covers to protect surfboards and will see if that helps.

· Registered
1 Posts
Same issue on 2019 Acadia. I guess opening the sunroof disrupts the airflow enough that the sound stops, but can't do that in western Wyoming in December.

Hopefully the luggage carrier will stop the noise. Very very annoying.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts