GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Off Topic because about another GM vehicle.

Yesterday my wife came in and said the seat/mirror memory on her SRX was not working. When she used her FOB to enter vehicle everything moved to what seemed like my position. She tried to reset the memory and that did not work.

I verified that she had the correct FOB and was using the correct procedure to reset the memory. Then I decided that since I was the "expert" on our vehicles that I would do the reset myself. I did not do any better than she did. If I tried to unlock the vehicle with my FOB it moved to her position. And, if I unlocked the vehicle with my FOB it moved to my position.

Solution? I just relabeled the key FOB's. I use a label machine to make labels for many, many things and just put our initials on the FOB's. May not be a fancy technical solution, but it works. At least, for now.

Those 2 key FOBS lay together in close proximity in a dark safe, while we were gone to Las Vegas for 10 days. Maybe they talked and decided to have some fun with their owners.

George

·
Super Moderator
18,302 Posts
Those 2 key FOBS lay together in close proximity in a dark safe, while we were gone to Las Vegas for 10 days. Maybe they talked and decided to have some fun with their owners.
Did you check the liquor cabinet and medicine chest for evidence of a party while you were gone? Look for little electronic cigarette butts in the safe that could have been left after they "exchanged information." :devil:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing