GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Acadia Forum. I need your help with a Crankshaft Position Sensor error in my 2007 GMC Acadia. The vehicle periodically stalled, then promptly restarted at random times. The error code P0335 confirmed it was the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP). I replaced the sensor last year and that fixed it for about 6 months, then same issue. I replaced the sensor again, and that fixed it for about 2 weeks. The wires to the sensor were covered with oil, but otherwise have a solid connection. I have read several articles indicating it can be the CKP, wiring, reference plate, or ECM (or something else such as the Camshaft Position Sensor).

I'm willing to "throw parts at it", but would like some ideas to guide me in the right direction. What else should I check for? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
~Doug T.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
790 Posts
What type of sensors are you using? OEM or whatever is cheapest? I used the cheap ones from Autozone in my BMW and they would go out in a month or two. This is when I learned that especially with electronics that cheaper is never better. I ended up changing that **** sensor 3 times. I ended up buying it from BMW and it was good from that point forward. Is it pulling the same code now and did the code clear completely when you installed the new one?

Reactions: DIYDoug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Jmbjr0930, thank you for the good suggestion. You are correct that I went with "less expensive" (not the cheapest, but below OEM). I'm pretty sure I cleared the codes after the last repair. I'll clear them again and see if they came back. I'll re-order a better one. What do you think of the wiring? Is it worth replacing the plug & wire "just in case"?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I would check the wiring from point a to point b for integrity as well as both connectors for corrosion. As long it all looks good then I wouldn’t take on the extra work.

Reactions: DIYDoug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far the new crankshaft position sensor is working well. I replace the sensor and the wires. It took a little bit of creativity to figure out how to access the wires without removing the entire harness. My first lesson is that it’s easy to get to from the passenger side wheel well.
My second lesson is that I did not have to take off the plastic fender shield because it does not cover anything that you need to get to. New CPS, new wires, foil tape around the wires to protect from heat, everything reassembled, and no more errors due to this.
Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. I will stick with good quality, namebrand parts when it comes to electronics.

·
Registered
790 Posts
So far the new crankshaft position sensor is working well. I replace the sensor and the wires. It took a little bit of creativity to figure out how to access the wires without removing the entire harness. My first lesson is that it’s easy to get to from the passenger side wheel well.
My second lesson is that I did not have to take off the plastic fender shield because it does not cover anything that you need to get to. New CPS, new wires, foil tape around the wires to protect from heat, everything reassembled, and no more errors due to this.
Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. I will stick with good quality, namebrand parts when it comes to electronics.
Thanks for following up. Glad to hear that everything is working as it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts