GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 GMC Acadia I recently changed my starter and oil. When I went to start the car the vehicle started then stalled and will not start again. Checked for codes no codes. The vehicle was running fine just one morning the starter made a clicking sound.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I have a 2011 GMC Acadia I recently changed my starter and oil. When I went to start the car the vehicle started then stalled and will not start again. Checked for codes no codes. The vehicle was running fine just one morning the starter made a clicking sound.
Check the connections to the starter. Especially ground connection to the chassis, engine block, etc.
Perhaps one of those became damaged or corroded with age?

Also, the clicking sound signals a possible weak battery. If one or more cells are failed the starter may not engage.
Check the battery voltage with a multimeter before trying to start and also after. It should be at about 12.3 volts and go no less than 10.5 or 11 volts when trying to start the engine.

How old is the battery? Why did you change the starter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The starter was that was my clicking sound. Have a brand new battery fully charged. Have 60 psi of fuel. I couldn't take out any of my coil over plugs without taking off the intake but I did loosen one up and listen if it was getting spark. The spark did sound a little weak but that really isn't a good test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts