GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Outlook with the 3.6 AWD. I've posted this to a Saturn forum but was told I might get more responses over here. I have a crank no start issue. On Sunday night on the way home it began to run very roughly and displayed a traction control issue and stabilitrak problem. It limped home on what seemed like 3 cylinders and I shut it off. Tried starting it up the next morning and it will turn over but not start.

This is what I know/done so far. The fuel pump turns on. All fuses and rel check good. I went ahead and shot a little starter fluid at it just to make sure it didn't start up for a second. It didn't. I have also pulled all six coil parks to check for spark. 4 of the 6 have nice blue sparks the other two have more of an orange color. It still seems like that should be enough spark to start. I don't have a compression tester but I did take a plug out and noticed vapor/dust/something come out of the plug hole while turning engine over. It doesn't seem like the engine is turning over extremely easy so I don't think the timing chain has popped but of course this is just me assuming this from the last sentence.

I have also pulled the fuse box and check connectors on the bottom to make sure no bent or broken pins and that they seat well on the box. Also replaced the crankshaft position sensor and that didn't change anything. Of course I've checked fuel level and even added 5 more gallons just in case. The CEL is on but it currently has no codes recorded. The tach never moves off of zero as well. The battery reads 12.6 volts and is only 2 years old. I did put it on charge just to make sure its good. Checks out at 100%. When I turn they key the voltage drops to around 10.8 volts. The headlights go completely out as well as all dash lights. Used a booster box and hooked to a another running vehicle and the same happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
... The CEL is on but it currently has no codes recorded. ...
Find someone with a proper diagnostic scan tool and knowledge about how to use it. The above statement suggests there could be a problem with the ECM or PCM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what is considered proper but two different diagnostic scanners both show no codes at the moment. Before codes were cleared it had a C0561-71 code.

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Not sure what is considered proper but two different diagnostic scanners both show no codes at the moment. Before codes were cleared it had a C0561-71 code.
It's something more than just a code scanner. A good scan tool can be used examine a vehicles system programs when the system doesn't set an MIL or CEL (among other uses).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts