GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just snooping around my wifes new Acadia when I removed the plastic engine cover and noticed what I believe
to be a crank case ventilation hose end sitting on the air intake duct near the hole it is suppose to go in. I have to believe this was left like this from the factory since the connection into the air duct is a snap-in fitting.

I have no idea how it would effect the performance of the engine other than emissions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think you are talking about the PCV Valve. Small plastic black hose that plugs into the air tube going to the engine. It should be plugged back in and if it is broken take it to the dealer and get it fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plugged it back in when I found it. Just surprised to find it unplugged. I must say I'm totally impressed with this vehicle. Overall the Acadia is very well engineered and does so many things right.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead, my check engine light just came on and OnStar says I am having an air intake problem. My husband is going to check the filter, but it was changed just about 3,000 miles ago. Would the hose not being plugged in cause this problem? Since this originally was an 07 and so is mine it had me thinking. I will be taking it to the dealer sometime this week as OnStar said it wasn't urgent. Just checking since everything is on my dime from now on.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mckcab said:
Bringing this back from the dead, my check engine light just came on and OnStar says I am having an air intake problem. My husband is going to check the filter, but it was changed just about 3,000 miles ago. Would the hose not being plugged in cause this problem? Since this originally was an 07 and so is mine it had me thinking. I will be taking it to the dealer sometime this week as OnStar said it wasn't urgent. Just checking since everything is on my dime from now on.
Certainly could; although if you plug the hose in the light might remain lit until it's reset. You could always buy a code reader machine and that would reset the system; or what I did once with our Envoy was disconnect the positive terminal off the battery for 5 minutes and that force rebooted the system. Not sure if that works with the Acadia.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If you need the light reset, a lot of the parts store will code scan and then reset it for free. I have never done this, but I would be cautious and take what they say with a grain of salt. If they try to sell something expensive, get a second opinion first.

Other vehicles I have owned with reset the codes after X# of key starts, something like 50.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
MedicRxDoc said:
If you need the light reset, a lot of the parts store will code scan and then reset it for free. I have never done this, but I would be cautious and take what they say with a grain of salt. If they try to sell something expensive, get a second opinion first.

Other vehicles I have owned with reset the codes after X# of key starts, something like 50.

Good luck.
AutoZone does that here; I forgot to add that to my reply; my mind is swamped with Acadia damage :banghead:

·
Registered
66 Posts
MedicRxDoc said:

Good luck.
Yep, the Acadia's engine light will shut off on its own if the problem has been resolved, mine did. I don't know the exact number but it was probably around 10 starts.

·
Registered
752 Posts
My engine light just came on. Turned out my wife had not screwed down the gas cap tight. Once I fixed that, the light went off on the second day after about 3 restarts.

·
Registered
423 Posts
its called the drive cycle. the car is programmed with a certian "drive cycle". if it completes the cycle with no more errors it will turn the light off.
the cycle consists of cold start up, warm start up, idle time, accel time and distance and cruse time.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Good to know :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.