GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys. New to this forum. I own a 2012 gmc Acadia slt 2wd. The vehicle starts maybe once a day then it doesn't. I have 3 codes p16a1 p2227 and p0496 i believe. I have checked all 3 codes but it just doesn't make sense. I replaced map sensor purge valve solenoid. Fuel oressure sensor regulator did tune up and nothing fixes it. Tomorrow i am getting a new TB. Any thoughts. Or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 Acadia SLT-1
3 Posts
I have a similar issue with code P0336, Crank Position Sensor. I have replaced the sensor with an OEM part with no improvement. At this point I am suspecting a ground problem. I work at an auto parts store. We had an Acadia in our parking lot for 2 days because it would not start. The problem was a ground strap on the engine with a loose bolt. The bolt was just a hair too long and did not completely tighten down the ground point. A washer fixed the problem and the car started. I am going to look for and re-seat every ground I can find and see what happens.

·
Registered
2009 Acadia SLT-1
3 Posts
I have a similar issue with code P0336, Crank Position Sensor. I have replaced the sensor with an OEM part with no improvement. At this point I am suspecting a ground problem. I work at an auto parts store. We had an Acadia in our parking lot for 2 days because it would not start. The problem was a ground strap on the engine with a loose bolt. The bolt was just a hair too long and did not completely tighten down the ground point. A washer fixed the problem and the car started. I am going to look for and re-seat every ground I can find and see what happens.
Since this writing I have replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor with an OEM part and given the engine a tune-up including plugs, cleaning the Throttle Body and air tube from the MAF sensor, and the MAF sensor. After clearing the codes I can now get the engine to run rough at low idle for up to 30 seconds. Looking at the OBDII live data there are no DTC codes. Live data shows 58 pounds of pressure in the fuel rail during cranking, and if the engine starts, until the engine dies. If I leave the key on the rail fuel pressure will climb to over 200 pounds. I did not let it top out, so I don't know how far it might go. In addition to the tune-up I have replaced the High Pressure fuel pump with a part removed from a damaged vehicle. Any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts