GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 Acadia came with the shade that I thought was suppose to hide items behind the third row of seats. As I discovered, it is worthless to hide any items of value. I am looking for a way to have a hidden storage area that covers this area. I thought of raising the rear, 3 compartment carpet covered storage area, 6 to 8 inches, thus leaving more space under it but I would need to find or fabricate 2 longer plastic screws that hold it down. I would also need large washers or pipes to keep the storage compartment elevated.

The other idea would be to attach an interior matching carpet on top of a sheet of 1/4 inch plywood and attaching it to the rear seats with Velcro. This would be done the same way as the seat straps that hang behind the third row seats. The rear hatch side would either attach to the grocery net hooks or be elevated with 2 legs.

Has anyone attempted this or does anyone have any thoughts on these ideas?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just an idea;You could use closet shelving materials to make a shelf / tie wrap a heavy material over it to cover the shelf which will hide the contents. I used a plastic set of rubbermaid drawers that I picked up a Target store. It works for what I need to carry and I have enough room to place my sons wheel chair ontop of the drawers. Let us know what you do.
Lee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts