GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son fiddled with something now the courtesy lighting does not work. That means when I turn off the ignition no interior lights gome on. The use to stay on and then fade out and I could not find in the manual how to turn this function back on. Please help!

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Someone else will probably know the official words for all this but I don't so I'll try to explain it! LOL

I believe you want the exit lighting function.

If you go to 2nd button from the left over the air conditioning controls (next to the check mark) and push that I think 7 times there is an option for 'exit lighting'. The wording will show up above the speed/rpm dials (where it shows your mileage). Press the check above the air conditioning and it'll show you what option you have selected. To scroll thru the options hit the button to the right of the check again and it'll go thru 30 secs, 1 min, 2 min when you see the option you want just hit the check and it'll select it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No thats for the exterior lighting. I want the way to turn on the "courtesy lights" They mention it in the manual as that but only say thats what they do but not how to turn them on or off. Thanks though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Push the dimmer switch next to the headlight until it pops out. Set it somewhere in the middle and push it back in. All the way to one side is "courtesy lights on constant" and all the way to the other is "courtesy lights off". You would use the off function for example if you wanted to drive at night with the rear hatch open.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There's also a switch above the dimmer (next to the headlight controls) that turns the interior lights off and on. It's an upside down light with a line through it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
shellbell said:
There's also a switch above the dimmer (next to the headlight controls) that turns the interior lights off and on. It's an upside down light with a line through it.
shellbell is right. The squarish button that straddles the top of the dimmer pop-out button (to the right of the main headlight controls) is the one that disables the interior lighting. At first look, my wife and I didn't even realize this was a button. ???

·
Registered
140 Posts
We just discovered that button last weekend - it's very handy when removing sleeping children from the car!

·
Registered
251 Posts
shellbell said:
We just discovered that button last weekend - it's very handy when removing sleeping children from the car!
It's also great for any time you need to have the doors or hatch open for an extended period of time during daylight, which seems to be a more common occurence with this type of vehicle versus a sedan. You can load and unload luggage, groceries or home project materials, tailgate, clean/vacuum the interior, etc. without worry over draining the battery.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!!! I love all of you for ever and ever....................

·
Registered
185 Posts
rudykizuty said:
shellbell said:
It's also great for any time you need to have the doors or hatch open for an extended period of time during daylight, which seems to be a more common occurence with this type of vehicle versus a sedan. You can load and unload luggage, groceries or home project materials, tailgate, clean/vacuum the interior, etc. without worry over draining the battery.
The lights will time out after 10 minutes on their own. I just happened to be reading the manual. The "Electric Power MAnagement" and "Battery Run-Down Protection" section on pg 189 details all the things the computer can control to prevent running the battery down. Seems like it would be really hard to drain the battery, even intentionally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for this post, My wife and I have had our 2012 Acadia for just over two weeks. The dome lights had been turned off since day one and since its her car I don't ride in it daily and even less at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts