GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I noticed last night that the courtesy lamp isn't coming on any of the times that it should (opening the doors, unlocking w/ remote, etc). I've checked all the settings and everything indicates that it should be coming on. Anyone know what else I can do to make this come on?

Update - Solved by Gills - see further down the thread: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=52.msg436#msg436

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Courtesy Lamp not coming on

Well that's the thing. My wife took a big group of friends to lunch yesterday and she said they were hitting every button in the thing. So it's entirely possibly (probable) that they did hit something that toggles it. Usually, this is pretty easy to find. It's generally part of the dome light section on the headliner. But there's absolutely NO mention of this in the manual and the only two buttons up there (other than the DVD release switch) are the on/off toggles for the middle row reading lights. No amount of hitting these two buttons have fixed the issue. It "appears" that these two reading lights flank a bigger light in the center that I expect to be the courtesy light, but I don't know for sure. Could someone with an Acadia open their door at night to check which lights come on. See if it's the two smaller reading lights on the outer edge of the fixture pulling double duty, or the bigger rectangle between those reading lights. Thanks guys...

(and I'm the admin here? Embarrassing... lol)

·
Registered
166 Posts

The dome override on my truck is near the headlight switch. Might want to check around there too.

·
Registered
82 Posts

The dome switch is located to the right of the round headlight switch. it is the small round button between the washer heater and another buttton(just drew a blank) anyway, you have to push in on it and then it will pop out and then you can adjust the lights and turn them on or off.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeah I know what button you mean. The fader control for the instrument panel can turn on the dome lights if you turn it all the way to the right. One notch to the left means full brightness for the instruments and dome lights SHOULD come on when the doors are open. Not so in our case. It's completely dark when you open it...

·
Registered
125 Posts

Hey Admin...press the button above the dash brightness knob. Its icon looks like a dome light with a "no" line through it -- it's the "dome light override" and should fix your problem.

Cheers!

·
Registered
626 Posts

I have been in & out of mine 20 times today checking out all the buttons. When it got dark I noticed the interior lights were not coming on.

Yep that little button by the dimmer was the fix.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

You guys were right! Even after you told me about that button it didn't look like it was really a button until I tried it. Thanks so much! That button is not documented anywhere in the manual.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Gills said:
Hey Admin...press the button above the dash brightness knob. Its icon looks like a dome light with a "no" line through it -- it's the "dome light override" and should fix your problem.

Cheers!
Thanks Gills! I have added it to the Tech FAQ thread.

Adam Boca

1 - 10 of 10 Posts