GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone might be able to answer this - I have a Costco membership, and decided to check out the Acadia through their Auto Purchase program. The dealer called me back today and wants to meet. But should I be able to get the incentives (conquest, $500 cash) even if I get the "Costco price"? My gut is that I should still be able to get them, but I expect some push-back from the dealer.

BTW, once I sit down and look over the Costco price sheet, I'll post some info, in case anyone else might be thinking of going this route.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would think so, you get them with GMS and GM Supplier so I don't know why you wouldn't be able to get them with a COSTCO discount. The dealear doesn't loose any money from giving you incentives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mister T,
good luck on your deal. Can you post the details when you're done? I'm interested in using Costco also. I'm wondering how that compares to gmbuypower or other internet shopping.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
gmc said:
Is the conquest and $500 rebates still good given its now March?
They have disappeared from Edmunds' incentives lists as of today. That doesn't necessarily mean they're gone for good, but we're in incentive limbo until GM provides March incentive info, if any.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Acadia is more than likely to be delivered during mid march. GM will most likely have the rebates for March Madness. I may have to "be out of town" until the rebates start back up and I can pick up my new Acadia.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Conquest is there.

0% is there.

No other cash incentives.

·
Registered
248 Posts
0% is not here in PA. 4.6% plus $1000 bonus cash is here. 0% was never here. Depends where you live.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
We have a Costco membership and checked on that to compare with our Supplier Pricing. The Costco discount was about halfway between MSRP and Supplier. It was basically about a thousand off MSRP. Most people here have done better just negotiating prices, but if you're truly against trying, you can at least know you won't pay MSRP with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
admin said:
Most people here have done better just negotiating prices
Yeah, I'll be getting my hands on the Costco price sheet this weekend and I'm not expecting anything too great - and based on what I've gotten from this forum, I think I can negotiate better on my own. We have at least five dealerships here locally to play against each other and find the best deal, so I should be able to come up with some favorable numbers. But I just wanted to look at all my options while I'm at it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We have a Sam's Club membership, similar to Costco, and found only a few dealers participate with this program. Also, we ended up getting our Acadia at Invoice locally instead.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A guy FINALLY called me back yesterday from the ONLy dealership in the city that offers a Costco Program and he told me they would be at MSRP and NOT around invoice. Like I was originally told by them. I told him that I already ordered the Acadia through another dealer and told him at what price, he was shocked. He thought I would have paid over MSRP for this.

Either this guy is an idiot or he is a crook. I guess that goes hand in hand though huh?

·
Registered
458 Posts
nikodyn said:
A guy FINALLY called me back yesterday from the ONLy dealership in the city that offers a Costco Program and he told me they would be at MSRP and NOT around invoice. Like I was originally told by them. I told him that I already ordered the Acadia through another dealer and told him at what price, he was shocked. He thought I would have paid over MSRP for this.

Either this guy is an idiot or he is a crook. I guess that goes hand in hand though huh?
Here's what I plan to do when I decide to take the bullet and buy a new car. I plan on emailing all the dealers in a 60 mile radius of my house (this will cover Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus...so we're probably talking about 20+ dealerships. I don't plan on ever stepping foot into a dealership until I get the price I want. If I were to buy now, that would probably be invoice. My GM credit card earnings are getting close to maxing out ($3200), so I will be able to take the price down that much more...which is the ONLY reason I am buying a GM. I really had my heart set on a Infiniti G35. But, I would be a fool not to use $3200 of free money.

On a side note, went on a business trip to Tennessee last week. You would have thought I would have spotted at least one Acadia during that trip. Nope...no Acadia. I have yet to see one on the road...just one at a dealership. Crazy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, if anybody was still debating whether to go with a Costco program for this car...forget it. I talked with the local dealer, and the Costco price was just under MSRP - I know I could do better haggling and working the 6 local dealers against each other. Costco put me in touch with dealers in Colorado and Nevada as well, and they couldn't do any better. So much for that idea...

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's probably just as easy to email a bunch of dealerships and ask for their best price. Invoice before any incentives seems to be what most people are getting. That's not to say you can do better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts