GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrrrrrrrrrr! :banghead: I was at soccer with my little ones tonight. On my way back to the Acadia I heard the hit and as I looked up I caught a glimpse of keys falling from the side of my 2 week old Acadia. My heart skipped a beat and I instantly knew that there was going to be a mark. My husband was helping 2 of our kids get stuff inside when a lady and her little boy were walking by and the kid tossed the keys in the air and they hit my rear window and the paint chipped in 2 spots just at the edge of the window. I am thoroughly frustrated. What was I to do? She made him apologize kind of sort of, but he could have cared less. Brand new car and the 1st blemish wasn't even from my kids. I haven't even used up my first tank of gas...GRRRRR! :banghead:

Anyway, does anyone know about how much it would be to get them fixed professionally? They are down to the primer and I don't want the blobbing effect from my husband trying to do it. I just want her as close to perfect as I can get her again. :angel:

·
Registered
200 Posts
The homeowners insurance for the kid's mom should pay for it. The kid was probably old enough to be negligent, and if not, the parent has a supervisory responsibility. I hope you got their information.

Dealer can do it, especially since it's almost new.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
:ditto:

I was listening to John Tesh while in the garage today and he had one of his info segments on how parents are responsible for damages caused by minor kids. Mrs. Blue had a similar thing happen to our '98 Durango- a newer Durango (!) pulled into a spot next to her and one of the kids slammed the door open right into the side of the driver's side rear door. The hit was so hard that the vehicles were actually locked together for a while. Mrs. Blue didn't want to pursue anything against the other vehicle's owners, so to this day the truck has a scrape on the door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts