GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an earlier post where the cooper 255/65/18 CS4 touring H/V was a ???good replacement tire. The research looks good on the cooper , but was just wondering if the tire is beefy enough for the weight load, since it is categorized under small suv`s and crossovers? ???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Max load per their website is 2271 pounds. The OEM Forteras are also rated at 2271 pounds according to Tire Rack, so I don't see a problem. The Cooper has higher speed, tread depth, tread wear, and temperature ratings than the Goodyear, so even if the price was the same, I'd go with it.

Cooper places this tire under the passenger vehicles tab on their website, but says this about it:
The CS4 Touring is suitable for a diverse range of vehicles including passenger cars, minivans, small SUVs and crossovers (CUV).

They probably put it there since new users to their website don't use the search function either. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maddog2112 said:
I read an earlier post where the cooper 255/65/18 CS4 touring H/V was a ???good replacement tire. The research looks good on the cooper , but was just wondering if the tire is beefy enough for the weight load, since it is categorized under small suv`s and crossovers? ???
FYI, I have the 19" wheels.

We live up in Alberta, Canada but travel a lot year round to Ohio, Missouri & Arkansas to visit family and to fish. I need a tire that will handle both our long, cold, snowy climate, and the highway miles across the continent in the summer. Well, I did a lot of reading and searching on the internet, and decided to give the Cooper CS4 255/6019 a try.

Had them installed today and they are ssoooooooooo quiet compared to the Goodyears, and I found a small sheet of ice at a street corner on the way home, so as I turned right I hit the gas....and I love these tires (now I do have AWD)...the Acadia did not slip or drift at all! YES!!! Not like those old Goodyears do when you try to make a turn on snow or ice! :(

When they tire guy brought one out for me to see, I thought it may not look so nice, but I told him to put them one. They were so big in the store I thought he had brought out a semi truck tire! LOL

But they look really, really, really nice!

I will re-post once I have had them for a while.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mr.H said:

We live up in Alberta, Canada but travel a lot year round to Ohio, Missouri & Arkansas to visit family and to fish. I need a tire that will handle both our long, cold, snowy climate, and the highway miles across the continent in the summer. Well, I did a lot of reading and searching on the internet, and decided to give the Cooper CS4 255/6019 a try.

Had them installed today and they are ssoooooooooo quiet compared to the Goodyears, and I found a small sheet of ice at a street corner on the way home, so as I turned right I hit the gas....and I love these tires (now I do have AWD)...the Acadia did not slip or drift at all! YES!!! Not like those old Goodyears do when you try to make a turn on snow or ice! :(

When they tire guy brought one out for me to see, I thought it may not look so nice, but I told him to put them one. They were so big in the store I thought he had brought out a semi truck tire! LOL

found out myself today the goodyears r garbage can't even handle a little rain....I wonder if insurance compnies know of this-gm should replace these tires for me for free due to safety reasons!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mr.H said:

forgot what did it cost u for the 4 and did you put them on the factory rims...can u post some photos

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
These tires definitly look better on paper than the Goodyears, let us know how they perform.
I was always a big fan of Cooper Tires, I replaced all of my previous vehicles with them.
I will go with these on my Acadia when needed.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
These tires definitly look better on paper than the Goodyears, let us know how they perform.
I was always a big fan of Cooper Tires, I replaced all of my previous vehicles with them.
I will go with these on my Acadia when needed.
I may try the Coopers myself in another 10K or so but really no issues with the Forteras other than price. They are wearing quite well and handle just fine in snow, rain and dry conditions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SLT09_ACADIA said:
forgot what did it cost u for the 4 and did you put them on the factory rims...can u post some photos
I paid $241 each total price. I was going to do this in the US in a few weeks but decided to fly this time... may have saved $300??? Photos to follow. Had them now for only 2 days, but oh, there is such a change in the way it handles. I feel like I am sucked to the road. The temp. here is around -4C or 30F

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also just replaced the Goodyear Forteras with the Cooper CS4. A really big difference in comfort and road noise. My Forteras always sounded like off-road tires - I guess because of the rugged tread. My fuel economy is unchanged so far. The Coopers feel like high speed / high control tires and they feel excellent. Discount Tire ordered them for me (pricematched a local shop) and I'll get the $50 Cooper Rebate. OTD price was $760. The Michelins would have been $940 OTD. The Coopers were made in the good ole USA too. I stand by my tire decision 100% - trust me - you'll like the Cooper CS4.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have always been a General Tire person until I learned of the Cooper CS4 Touring tire mentioned in another thread(s) I have to give it chance trying to keep and open mind. So far, I like what I'm reading as far as reviews on the CS4 on the internet. It seems to get good reports on snow conditions and fabulous in wet conditions. The tire comes in 2 ratings: T- which is termed as 80K rated and H/V - which is 60K mile rated.

I'd like to ask those if they have seen a 2-3mpg less with these Cooper Tires. I still plan to buy this tire regardless. Blue, since you live in the south and took a long trip not to long ago, have you seen a reduction in mpg, if you do keep track? Also, what rated tire do you have.

All comments are welcome! SLT09 had a nice comment to confirm winter conditions. That's all..........

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I looked on the Cooper web site a while back and the 80,000 mile "cs4 T" did not list the 18" tire, has that changed? Why would this tire get less fuel mileage, RPM's?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Probably my mistake that T version does not come in our size. MPG has to do with tire dynamics or wind resistance design. Tread design might effect wind resistance, for example?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I put a set of 18" Coopers on yesterday- first impression is much quieter than the Goodyears. I bought certificates on the factory Goodyears at Discount Tire when the Acadia was new in 2007. (Discount Tire certificates give you lifetime rotate and balance and road hazard/premature wear coverage.) Since the Goodyears wore out at 36,000 miles, I got a prorated credit on the new Coopers, so the net price was $106/tire. They look pretty good and my paperwork says 80,000 mile warranty (which I think is wrong- the T's are 80K and the H is supposed to be 60K.) Anyway, if these go 40K miles, I'll get another 50% prorated credit on the next set. Not bad.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jseck2 said:
I put a set of 18" Coopers on yesterday- first impression is much quieter than the Goodyears. I bought certificates on the factory Goodyears at Discount Tire when the Acadia was new in 2007. (Discount Tire certificates give you lifetime rotate and balance and road hazard/premature wear coverage.) Since the Goodyears wore out at 36,000 miles, I got a prorated credit on the new Coopers, so the net price was $106/tire. They look pretty good and my paperwork says 80,000 mile warranty (which I think is wrong- the T's are 80K and the H is supposed to be 60K.) Anyway, if these go 40K miles, I'll get another 50% prorated credit on the next set. Not bad.
Did you get the Cooper's in factory size?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jseck2 said:
so do you just walk in and say, hey i got a new car, how much a tire to get a certificate/warranty on them?
what does it cost a tire?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Here is what I think of the 18" Forteras, "CRAP"! OK I rotated at 8K and did the procedure in the owners manual. The fronts were a little more worn than the rears but not much and since the rotation it seems like the fronts have not worn at all and the rears are less than 60% :confused: I'm at 14K now. I dont think that I'll get 25 or 30K out of them. So I'm waiting to see some solid mileage #'s on the Coopers before I replace. The 07' OUTLOOK that I had, had the 19's with the RSA's and those I thought were a great tire for wearing. 17.5K on them before I got rid of it and they were still 80 to 90%.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Here is what I think of the 18" Forteras, "CRAP"! OK I rotated at 8K and did the procedure in the owners manual. The fronts were a little more worn than the rears but not much and since the rotation it seems like the fronts have not worn at all and the rears are less than 60% :confused: I'm at 14K now. I dont think that I'll get 25 or 30K out of them. So I'm waiting to see some solid mileage #'s on the Coopers before I replace. The 07' OUTLOOK that I had, had the 19's with the RSA's and those I thought were a great tire for wearing. 17.5K on them before I got rid of it and they were still 80 to 90%.
Don't hold back 6; tell us how you really feel about the Fortera's ;D

1 - 20 of 94 Posts