GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are cooled seats on all SLT2s? I thought I'd did, but mine doesn't appear to have it. Is it only available with perforated leather?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum. While I can't help you with your idle speed question (thanks for searching BTW), I can answer this one.

The cooled seats are a new for 2009 option that is limited to the SLT2 model. You don't order the cooled seas as an option, you order the perforated leather (found out about this the hard way). The cooled seats are included with the perforated leather. We have them and really like them with the ebony interior in the FL heat.

You can see if it has them by looking on the dash- there are switches in the center console on the outside (one for each side) that have 3 LEDs on them. The upper switch cools, the lower one heats.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DARN! Thanks for the info. I found a thread that mentioned ordering with perforated leather but I wasn't sure if that was always the case. I have an SLT2, but no perforated leather, I guess that's why I don't have cooled seats. Oh well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Cooled seats are one option I wish I had, but unfortunately not offered till 09 :(

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
jsimms said:
Cooled seats are one option I wish I had, but unfortunately not offered till 09 :(
Dissappointed I missed that boat as well. The leather gets mightly sticky and hot in summer.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Yeah hot definitely, but sticky not so much; thank goodness :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
jsimms said:
Yeah hot definitely, but sticky not so much; thank goodness :D
I agree... have never found the seats to be sticky.... hot... now thats some kind of joke, park in the sun long enough and you can cook eggs on them

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Yeah and Mrs. Simms' answer is to put Tinkerbell seat covers on................ :eek:hno:, that idea was discarded quickly

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, the cooled seats aren't available in the SLT-1? ???

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
gh_008 said:
So, the cooled seats aren't available in the SLT-1? ???
That's correct

·
Registered
540 Posts
jasonkhonlaw said:
DARN! Thanks for the info. I found a thread that mentioned ordering with perforated leather but I wasn't sure if that was always the case. I have an SLT2, but no perforated leather, I guess that's why I don't have cooled seats. Oh well. Thanks!
I ordered my 2009 without the cooled seats(perforated leather) but the dealer screwed up and ordered them by mistake. So I lucked out. I have an added option at a discounted price.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
DeForger said:
I ordered my 2009 without the cooled seats(perforated leather) but the dealer screwed up and ordered them by mistake. So I lucked out. I have an added option at a discounted price.

Bobby
So they didn't try and make up the cost by increasing the price?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
jsimms said:
MSRP must be based on the actual vehicle build - perhaps they just gave him that amount off as it was their error.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
A similar thing happened to bseemore, the prestigious first member/owner of a 2009 model. The dealer ordered the 19" wheels instead of 18" ones and ended up making some adjustments so he was happy.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
A similar thing happened to bseemore, the prestigious first member/owner of a 2009 model. The dealer ordered the 19" wheels instead of 18" ones and ended up making some adjustments so he was happy.
Wish they would have made some errors with our order at the time. ;D

·
Registered
540 Posts
jsimms said:
Sure they wanted me to pay the full option price $650. I had to pay $300 more or they would order another Acadia and I would have to wait another 6-8 weeks with no idea of the deals that would be available. I needed the vehicle so I took the deal. The funny part is after I ordered the Acadia I kept saying I should have order the cooled seats.

Bobby

1 - 16 of 16 Posts