GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 08 Acadia a month ago and while checking things out under the hood noticed that the coolant fluid level in the main part of the overflow reservoir was not to the "Full Cold" level. It measured at this level in the thin tubular part of the reservoir tank. Is the fluid level correct? Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It needs to be at the full cold level in the tank itself. I had this same thing occur in my Acadia so I took it back to the dealer who added some coolant to bring it up to the full mark. Due to the size and shape of the tank at the bottom, it took very little coolant to get to the correct level. Mine has been fine since then.

I would take it back to the dealer and see if they can fill it back up while you wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snoguy, thanks for the quick response. I bought at a dealership 50 miles away so I might just top off with a 50/50 DexCool mix myself. I can't imagine that it would take more than 16 ounces or so. I wonder why it wasn't at the correct level when I bought it since I checked it the first full day I had it home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts