GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever purchased one of these reports from Consumer Reports? It's supposed to show MSRP, dealer invoice, any incentives, dealer holdback, etc. Did you find this useful and were you able to negotiate a good price for the car? I am fully aware of sites like Edmunds which shows MSRP, Invoice, and TMV pricing...just wasn't sure if the CR report was worth the money.

·
Registered
185 Posts
it will also show you which Honda you should buy instead of the car you're shopping for ;D

sorry. i can't help myself. I don't trust CR for anything. I'm pretty jaded though.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I got one of these when I bought my '01 Pathfinder. It didn't have any more information than I had already gotten for free on edmunds.com. In fact, as I recall edmunds was more up to date on the incentives. I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lol, Pelle31.....

Fenwah, I've actually purchased a couple of these a few years ago. In addition to CR's ratings for the car (which you get anyway if you're a subscriber), it will give you the invoice, msrp, holdback, etc.

As far as vehicle pricing goes, the holdback CR gives is the only thing you get that isn't available by KBB, Edmunds, or NADA.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
How much do these reports cost? I wonder if we'd get in trouble for reposting that info here if we got our hands on it.... probably...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is it possible to PM it to people who want it??

·
Registered
155 Posts
admin said:
How much do these reports cost? I wonder if we'd get in trouble for reposting that info here if we got our hands on it.... probably...
I believe they're $12 if they haven't gone up........ ???

Like I said before, all you're paying for is the holdback amount. GM's is around $1000 Many dealers won't even consider that number in negotiations, but it's good to know.....

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'd have to say that with all the FREE tools like Edmunds providing MSRP/invoice (and Edmunds reviews, TMV price, etc.), I see no reason to pay for a CR report. Years ago I bought one and it was useful...but that was before such tools have become so strong on the Internet.

If anyone is interested, here's the link to my credit union's "Web Carbook." I found it useful.
http://start.chromecarbook.com/ccb.jsp?ccbId=503022

Touché Pelle31!

·
Registered
58 Posts
readyforacadia said:
I'd have to say that with all the FREE tools like Edmunds providing MSRP/invoice (and Edmunds reviews, TMV price, etc.), I see no reason to pay for a CR report. Years ago I bought one and it was useful...but that was before such tools have become so strong on the Internet.

If anyone is interested, here's the link to my credit union's "Web Carbook." I found it useful.
http://start.chromecarbook.com/ccb.jsp?ccbId=503022

Touché Pelle31!
I agree - I purchased the report...it had no additional info that you can't find online via edmunds or other sources. Definitely not worth the $ IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts