GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
putsiedog said:
Does anybody know if you can buy a center console for the center of the second row of seats
Are you referrring to the phantom DK1 option for the factory 2nd row center console? Or an aftermarket console.

Last I had seen on here, is that the DK1 option will not come out till the 2009 models are built.
As far as aftermarket goes, I would imagine you could find something to do the job, but I am not sure about how you would secrue it to the floor.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I ordered the DK1 option on my 2009 Acadia and am waiting for delivery. After I placed the order, I began to wonder whether or not it can be removed occasionally, depending upon your individual need, i.e., folddown of captain's chairs and third row seats, easier movement of kids/rear seat passengers within the rear cabin. ???

Can the console be removed and replaced by the owner or is it's installation permanent? If it can be removed, does the mechanism on the floor allow it to be covered with mats? :help:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think that once it is in- it is in for good.

Just stick a medium sized beer cooler between the seats - that should do it. :drunk:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks, Hunt
I just happened to find an earlier string (2007) in which there was speculation and questions about the console. I discovered that they put off actually producing the console as original equipment or aftermarket during 2007 and 2008. Now they are offering it in the 2009. :eek: ;D

But, the question still remains about how the seats will fold down completely if you have that option. There was also a concern about how the presence of the center console will affect the 3rd row seating. ??? (The beer cooler thing was a good idea. I thought about that after seeing some of the small coolers available aftermarket) :beer:

I realize now that maybe I should have waited to see exactly how it was configured before I added that option on my 2009 order. ???

Does anyone know the answer to some of these questions? I don't want to have to forgoe my original order and have to wait another month or so (after my first order comes in). :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
With the console, the seats don't have center armrests. Also, the console folds somehow to make a flat surface (level with the seat backs) when the seats are folded down. I've seen more pics and discussion of the console over on the Enclave forum.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Loach,
Thanks for the info. ;D The thread you mentioned had a lot of pics to choose from. However, all I could find were pictures of the front center console between the front seats, not the console between the second row/captain's chairs. I did see the pics you were talking about (with the seats folded down, but with no console).
Hmmmm . . . the plot thickens. ???

I'm guessing that the inclusion of the center console will not affect the movement of the driver's seat to it's furthest rear position or when it is reclined. I'm reasonably certain that they took that into account during the design phase. ::)
Especially when you consider the heat GM took for their initial design of the console (which was the alleged reason why they waited for two model years before offering it on all models). The consensus was that the original design was flawed, cheap looking and not really functional. Hopefully, they made some major changes. ::)
[Since I ordered it on my 2009 Acadia sight unseen I guess that proves that I have some faith in the wisdom of GM. :crazy:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just as an update:
I have been in contact with a dealership in another attempt to order my 2009 GMC Acadia (You may or may not be aware that the first deal went real sour . . .). :( At any rate, when discussing my preferred options package for my factory order, I asked the salesperson about the DK1 - Rear Seat Center Console.

He explained to me (in error) that the console option was available for the entire 2007 and 2008 model year. He further stated that to his knowledge it has always been available. When I asked to see an example of an Acadia with that option, either in print, on-line or on his showroom or inventory, he was at a loss. ::)

I explained to him that through Acadiaforum.net, the Official GMC Website with 2009 GMC Acadia Standard and Optional Order Codes (Published August 1, 2008, Page 4, Additional Options), and by checking with CarQuote.com and Edmonds, that it listed that option for 2009. ???
I also explained that GMC stopped making the option available either from the factory or as a dealer installed option early in the 2008 model year. He had no response. :sosad:

I asked him how it was supposed to look, based on his up-to-the-minute information. His response was that the console "moves out of the way" and can be "removed" from the space between the seats. He also stated that it " . . . sort of 'folds' away." He also told me (apparently seeing that I was not convinced) that "GM would never build a vehicle that reduced room in their vehicles or impeded the movement of passengers in the cabin of the vehicle." O.K. Whatever he says . . . :crazy: ???

Needless to say, I have no idea what he was talking about or how it is supposed to "work" if his information is accurate. Everything I have seen written about the console is that it is a permanent installation at the factory.

Will someone please tell me whether or not there is any accuracy to what he told me. Is the console removable or not? :help:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I don't know about the removable part, but on the 2009 window stickers I've been looking at on SLT2s, I have seen a few that have the $300 console installed. I concluded they must actually be making it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
detnick said:
I asked him how it was supposed to look, based on his up-to-the-minute information. His response was that the console "moves out of the way" and can be "removed" from the space between the seats. He also stated that it " . . . sort of 'folds' away." He also told me (apparently seeing that I was not convinced) that "GM would never build a vehicle that reduced room in their vehicles or impeded the movement of passengers in the cabin of the vehicle." O.K. Whatever he says . . . :crazy: ???
So in other words, he just kept throwing out ideas in the hopes that one of them was the one you wanted to hear. Blah blah blah blah blah blah ::) Is it any wonder that most people hate the car-buying process?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yep.
After talking with him for several minutes while he was trying to convince me that he was "up on his game" and that he knew everything there was to know about the Acadia, he had the nerve and audacity to try and convince me that (1) the option had always been available, and
(2) the item itself was some masterpiece of new GM technology that would not impinge on the comings and goings of cabin passengers while still being stable enough to hold coffee, offer additional electrical access, and act as a platform on which you could place your elbow. When not in use you could manipulate some type of mechanical control and this mystery device would just move down and out of your way. ::)

Yeah, right . . . ???

Now that's what I call a well informed and professional vehicle sales manager or representative. I feel so relieved and trusting of someone with this expertise handling a $45,000.00 deal for me and my family. ::) :sosad:

It's interesting Loach, that you made that statement about the "car buying expereince". I was just thinking the same thing. After all of these years the process of buying a motor vehicle is still difficult, time consuming, tense both physically and emotionally, fruaght with negative feelings, anger (at times), and even outright belligerence. And this comes as the result of trying to work with an American industry that is having great difficulty trying to stay solvent. :sosad: :eek:hno:

Go figure . . . ???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It's interesting Loach, that you made that statement about the "car buying experience". I was just thinking the same thing. After all of these years the process of buying a motor vehicle is still difficult, time consuming, tense both physically and emotionally, fraught with negative feelings, anger (at times), and even outright belligerence. And this comes as the result of trying to work with an American industry that is having great difficulty trying to stay solvent.
I think my wife summed it up best- "Not everyone thinks like you do." :)

This forum has saved me at least $1,100 on my Acadia purchase, so I'm hopeful others will benefit as well.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Found this one in my area ROUTE 1 PONTIAC-BUICK-GMC, INC.
14530 JEFFERSON DAVIS HWY
WOODBRIDGE, VA 22191-2815
Phone: (703) 494-7121
Map | Driving Directions
GM Certified Internet Manager:Mark A. Sable
Year:2009Model:Acadia Type:AWDEngine:ENGINE, 3.6L V6 Transmission:TRANSMISSION 6 SPEED AUTO AWD Exterior:Deep Blue Metallic Interior:Light Titanium VIN#:1GKEV33D29J105223 Manufacturer’s Suggest Retail Price Standard Vehicle Price: $ 39,600.00Options installed by ManufacturersTECHNOLOGY PACKAGE:
HEAD-UP DISPLAY
CARGO AREA AUDIO CONTROLS
$ 500.00
DUAL SKYSCAPE SUNROOF
$ 1,400.00
TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION WITH
REARVIEW CAMERA DISPLAY AND
XM NAV TRAFFIC - NAV TRAFFIC
FEE EXTRA, 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
$ 1,890.00
CONSOLE, SECOND ROW
$ 300.00
[/color]

19" ULTRA BRIGHT ALUM WHEELS
(SEE WHL CONTENT CREDIT BELOW)
$ 1,295.00
WHEEL CONTENT CREDIT
$ -300.00
ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD
2 HEADPHONES WITH BOSE
SPEAKER SURROUND SOUND
$ 1,295.00
HEATED & COOLED SEATS, DRIVER
AND & FRONT PASSENGER WITH
PERFORATED LEATHER APPOINTED
SEATS
$ 650.00
TRAILERING PACKAGE:
COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
TRAILER HITCH
$ 495.00
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
NO CHARGE
Total Options:$ 7,525.00Total Vehicle & Options:$ 47,125.00Destination Charge:$ 735.00

·
Registered
347 Posts
O.K. . . . So where's the landing gear? :eek: ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Somewhere in the middle of the smiley :moon:

;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts