GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just installed a radar detector in my new 2008 Acadia and it was the install from He!!. First off, the fuse block in the cabin is located way up, underneath the dash on the passenger side. It took me 10 minutes to figure out where the door was, and then had to get a flashlight to see the actual fuse block. It's all but unreachable, so prepare yourself for a tough install - unlike any vehicle I've ever seen.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find an 'accessory' circuit that is only live when the key switch is ON. We were lucky to just be able to tap into the block.

Our original plan was to connect into the overhead console (where the map lights are) but couldn't find an accessory circuit there either. We'd still like to have the detector turn on and off automatically with the key switch...any thoughts on how to find an accessory circuit?

·
Registered
395 Posts
It seems there is no switched power. There is a pink ignition wire in the bundle on the passengers side but I would use it with caution. Maybe run a relay off it but they didn't make it easy for us to add accessories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts