GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up the Acadia today and after they washed it the headlights just filled with condensation. So much so that if you tap the lense it runs down and puddles in the lower corner of the headlight lense. Anyone know how to rid the lights of this or is it something I need to get replaced?

·
Registered
423 Posts
it could be missing the bulb seal (cap). if not, replace it. water should not be in there, it will cause problems later.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Schram said:
it could be missing the bulb seal (cap). if not, replace it. water should not be in there, it will cause problems later.
Ya I replaced all the covers and gaskets etc when we did the aftermarket HID's on the headlights and it didn't fog up or anything when we washed it now after the dealer washed it it fogged up like mad and has condensation all over the lense.

·
Registered
428 Posts
That condensation will eventually cause the reflector inside the lens to corrode impacting the amount of light that is available. If it is leaking you should replace them....

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called them and they are going to check the assembly to see if it is leaking or where the condensation is coming from.

·
Registered
428 Posts
just dont let them tell you that it is normal because it is not and it will cause you problems. good luck

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Who did the upgrade, sounds like their bad.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
DSNY FN said:
Ya I replaced all the covers and gaskets etc when we did the aftermarket HID's on the headlights and it didn't fog up or anything when we washed it now after the dealer washed it it fogged up like mad and has condensation all over the lense.
Odd that one wash has no leak & another does. I'm not familiar with the HID upgrade- did this require any new holes in the lamp assembly? I think you may have warranty issues if the dealer sees HIDs on an SLE!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
DSNY FN said:
Odd that one wash has no leak & another does. I'm not familiar with the HID upgrade- did this require any new holes in the lamp assembly? I think you may have warranty issues if the dealer sees HIDs on an SLE!
The dealer was going to do the install but wanted to charge 200 for it and we did it on our own at teh shop I bought them from for free LOL. The dealer is warrantying the housings just not the new bulbs and ballasts. When we washed it after the install no leak now after the dealer washed it mind you with a power washer there was water.

We did have to drill 24MM holes into the cap on teh back of the headlight just like the one on teh factory HID it has a rubber grommet and seal that covers the hole so nothing gets in so I am guessing that is not the issue.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my new headlights are ordered and should be in next Wed to be installed just in time to go away on hiolidays teh end of next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts