GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty pleased with my new Acadia. It rides smooth, handles well and is comfortable. Jury is still out on the gas mileage, but having come from an Acura MDX with a Navigation system, I really enjoyed having trip data, including MPG available at the push of a button. The info included in the Acura trip computer (integrated into the Navigation Unit) were Miles Remaining til Empty, Average Gas Mileage for current tank of gas (resets at fillup), Estimated time til destination, etc.

Having skipped on the Acadia navigation option (which may have been a mistake) I would like to know whether this type of trip computer info is available with the factory navigation or if the factory navigation system only provides the basic info that an aftermarket navigation unit would provide.

Also, any info on the best fit for an aftermarket Navigation System (with live traffic reporting abilities) for the compartment in the middle of the dash? Or maybe installing one under the radio would be the best place (integrated looks cleaner), but you would have to relocate the traction control button.

Any info on getting plugged in with the trip computer or aftermarket GPS is much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I don't have the factory navigation, but my understanding is that it does not supplement or display information from the trip computer.

Take a look at this thread regaring in-dash aftermarket navigation systems: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1658.0.

Personally, I have (and love) a Garmin Nuvi 350, which I mounted on the dash with a mounting disk. http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/us/ontheroad/nuviseries I like the ability to pop it out and take it with me to use in rental cars when I travel.

Kelly

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Danoscar,
Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but if you have an SLT-2, the information you are looking for is available from the DIC -(miles/gal, driving range available on fuel left, and a few other pieces of data as well) without the navigation installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the SLE. But thanks, I am glad to hear that the MPG and other info is available through an option.

Any idea if the HUD is an easy/inexpensive option to add by the dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
HUD cannot be easily added. Besides the equiment in the dash, the windshield is different because of HUD.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Sorry I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking if the DIC information was also displayed through the navi screen. My bad.

Kelly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts