GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys...

a friend of mine changed his wifes oil for the first time...before he did that, he unscrewed the wrong drain plug..the plug he unscrewed had some type of compressed air coming out of it and some type of green liquid (possibly coolant), so he tighted it back up....does anybody know what this is?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
428 Posts
Where was the plug at?? The green fluid sounds like coolant and if the vehicle had been running recently then the system was under pressure so that would explain the air. Sounds to me like he opened the radiator drain plug.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'd lean towards coolant since it was described as liquid- I'm not sure GM puts the green dye in the AC from the factory. Was it hot? Does the AC still work? Is the coolant reservoir low?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Isn't the coolant orange? My 2007 is definitely Dex-cool (orange) from the factory. Has that changed in later
years?

(edit) I realize upon rereading the OP that the vehicle type is unknown. Could well be ethylene glycol coolant.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Good points Gerry... I just figured it was an Acadia since he was posting here. Seems like the coolant in our '09 was green when I checked it, but I've been wrenching on three different vehicles this week, so it could well be orange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts