GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acadia was bought brand new with a chip on the door, and an imperfection on the top side beam. They repainted it. Paint job was done good, but they left a lot of compound dust all over. Took it home, washed it. On the rubber molding on the top of the door, it runs along the glass, the compound has dried and looks like smear marks all along the molding. Its on the driver's door, and back passenger door. Any ideas on what might get this off, and have that black molding looking new again?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hopefully you are not too far away from your body shop. Take it back there and have them clean it up! They should not have let you take it home that way in my opinion. :angryfire:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went over there to the dealer/body shop today. They will probably replace the molding as they have already tried, and by putting a buffer on it, it made it worse. So, I guess they'll just change it. By the way, they used some stuff called Magic B-2 or something like that, and took a scuff/buff mark off of a lower area near the fender, and I was really impressed with this stuff. They said you can't buy it, they only get it from the distributors.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I do not know what Magic B-2 is, but for the black trim around the bottom, there are some other threads on this forum that say to use Mr. Clean's magic erasers. I waxed my car and got the white smear marks on the black. I used the magic eraser and it worked wonderfully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts