GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Dodge will be releasing a vehicle very similar to the Acadia, the 2009 Journey crossover. I wonder if I could convert my battery location into a cold storage bin as well? :beer: Anybody hear of any prices on this yet?

http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/journey/

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not competitive at all...it's a crossover built off the Sebring/Avenger and NOWHERE near as large as a Lambda.

It's sort of in between cute ute's and larger ones...think Chevy Equinox, with an available small 3rd row. You can tell the size, as well, by the standard 4-cylinder engine and optional small V6's. So, more like an Equinox/Torrent/etc. competitor than anything.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
This came up on the Enclave forum a few months ago when it was announced. the pictures are somewhat misleading. It appears to be a full size vehicle, based on its scale, but it's actually smaller than the (already cramped) Pacifica. Most articles are saying it's designed to compete directly with the Honda CR-V and Toyota Highlander. At 192 inches, it's close to a foot shorter than the Acadia.

Some pics:

·
Registered
112 Posts
One current competitor for Acadia I call a Taurus X. But in summer time Ford will start sale a Flex. Flex longer and roomie than TX.
Also Honda Pilot will be same size and look as MDX.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It looks good for a dodge. I just wish dodge would find a new grill design for its cars. It looks great on trucks, cars not so much.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think presently the only competition to the Lambdas is the Ford Edge (and its Lincoln twin), the Mazda CX9 and the Hyundai Vera Cruz. Anything else mentioned here is much smaller and doesn't have the same performance.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
marc said:
I think presently the only competition to the Lambdas is the Ford Edge (and its Lincoln twin), the Mazda CX9 and the Hyundai Vera Cruz. Anything else mentioned here is much smaller and doesn't have the same performance.
And if I remember correctly when I was looking, given that I had to have the 8 passenger, from this list the Acadia was my only option.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Seems smaller as others have said, but I like the available storage spaces that it offers. It's always nice to find another place to store stuff, plus the compartments add extra space available for sound system upgrades.

The 2nd row fold down armrest is better then the non-existant DK1 2nd row console GM wasn't able to push out! :banghead: :angryfire:

·
Registered
681 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.