GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has an Acadia - and I love it. I'm a pickup man or I'd already have one of my own. She doesn't get into exploring every little detail as I do - so after a couple of months she has learned how to use most of the navigation system. I was in the car today and was trying to compare the Nav to mine (I have one from an 06 Hummer in my '03 Sierra).

We were trying to figure out when and how the Acadia Nav splits the screen. On my older version there is a complete setup section on how to make it split the screen and what it shows. I can't find anything on the setup of this newer Nav system though on the Acadia to do the same type of thing. It seems to split when approaching turns or when you want to see the radio controls.

The problem - some button I pushed - I thought I had just held the NAV button in a few seconds, split the screen and on the right hand side was a compass (she said she had never seen that before) - on the left was the Nav map. Nothing I did would get rid of the compass on the right - and I couldn't find anything in the book about it.

She called me just a bit ago and said the next time she got in the car it was gone. We don't know how or why.

Anyone familiar with the actual compass view and what enables it and how to disable it once you get it on the screen?

Thanks in advance - this is a great place and I think the Acadia is a great auto!

·
Registered
76 Posts
If she has the Nav manual that came with the truck, look at page 2-13. The Dual Mode screen symbol will disply when the screen is in dual mode. Dual mode displays the route on half of the screen and a maneuver or turn list on the other half. Press the button for the dual mode on the screen to switch between dual screen and full screen which displays the entire route. I think it is only available when your have a destination set in turn by turn mode. Hope this helps!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts