GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Acadia is on order but no VIN yet, so it is still changeable...

We have seen in person a Red, Carbon, Silver, Med. Brown, and a Dark Blue Acadia...

Right now, wife likes Red with Carbon a close second. We were going Silver until we saw it in person.

The dealer showed us a Buick in the White Tricoat and it looked good, but I hesitate to change without seeing one in person.

Has anyone received a White Tricoat yet? The Buick looked stunning.

I wish GM had offered a Jet Black - the Carbon almost looks gray...

Anyway, I can't stand the wait...I want this thing here yesterday!

Love the forum by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I agree, it's a tough decision. I have a Red Jewel. It's dark and shiny looking at night, and bright and shiny during the day. I love it. It turns a lot of heads too. heh

My second choice would have been the Deep Blue Metallic. It looks *almost* black at night and just beautiful during the day.

I haven't seen a white diamond tricoat. I thought I read on this forum that they were having problems with that paint. If so, and you really want your Acadia soon, you might want to pass on that color.

Good luck making a decision! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think we all agree that it looks good in any color!!! :)

I've seen the red, it's spectacular. So is the carbon. and the silver (that's what I have). and the brown. Have not seen the tricoat yet, or the blue.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was tempted by the Silver- it did look good and it hides dirt well. My 330i is silver. I just want to go in another direction.
Jet Black (non-metallic) I think would look stunning- especially with the chrome accents on the Acadia. And if someday they could actually supply the RVO19 style wheels.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My wife's Yukon is black - looks fabulous, but is (as expected) hard to keep clean. Lots of handprints and smudges from 'the little people'. You're right, the chrome accents really do go well with it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
While I was having my Blue Acadia air bag recall being done I noticed the dealership had received a Red Acadia that was on the lot. I saw my salesman wondering around and he told me they just received it that morning. By the time my Acadia was ready, a few hours, the Red Acadia was sold. It was a base model with cloth seats that didn't take more than 1/2 day to sell it. Great looking color. That was the only other Acadia they had for sale that day. This was last week. Demand is certainly high. I would like to see the white diamond tricoat.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We stopped by a GM dealership today, to see the Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic, on other vehicles. Saw it on a Pontiac G6 and the Cadillac STS. It's gorgeous, changes color in the light to a gold color, and in the shaded areas, a beautiful faded bluish-gray. Before today, we had never seen the color in person, since there so are few on the road yet! Now we know we are happy with the choice we made! Phew.

I mentioned this on another thread, but there doesn't seem to be a color this vehicle doesn't look gorgeous in!!
We passed a Silver Acadia on the way home! I seem to have radar for them! It was beautiful by the way!

·
Registered
118 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
While I was having my Blue Acadia air bag recall being done I noticed the dealership had received a Red Acadia that was on the lot. I saw my salesman wondering around and he told me they just received it that morning. By the time my Acadia was ready, a few hours, the Red Acadia was sold. It was a base model with cloth seats that didn't take more than 1/2 day to sell it. Great looking color. That was the only other Acadia they had for sale that day. This was last week. Demand is certainly high. I would like to see the white diamond tricoat.
Cadillac uses the same color and I love it--I always wanted a car with that color ever since Lexus came out with their pearlized white.

That and the AWD is the reason I special ordered the (1/4/07)--the restriction on the Whte Diamond was lifted and the color was available. Shortly after the color was restricted again (not GM's terminology). I have since learned that the vehicle may not have been built (no info at all available) and the color restriction may go on for another 3 months. Not sure what to do now.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Red.

Every day.And twice on sunday.

The only color that may be a close second is white diamond but Ihave yet to see it.

Personally, i think darker colorslook better ont heAcadia

·
Registered
118 Posts
I love the red, but we have 1/3 mile of light-colored caliche driveway and my grey Tahoe is always dusty lookin' so I figured a lighter color would be better. I love the Gold Mist pics from doglover--since I am having a difficult time getting the White Diamond I'm fixin' to see if I can find that color around here anywhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. We just purchased a Brown Acadia yesterday with a black interior. The interior is so nice-it actually looks like a dark brown(cloth). We had a deposit on the carbon but we really wanted brown and we took a chance and walked into another dealer and it was there!!!! yay. I cant wait until Saturday.

Haley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts