GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving in the rain these past few days I needed to use the windshield defroster (defogger). It has been fairly cold (high 30's to low-mid 40's) so the heater has been on. When I have the heater set to blow towards the feet and the windshield at the same time, the air that the heater puts out seems to get cooler even though the temp is set to 70-72 degrees. Any indication as to why the heated air that is coming out at the feet should get cooler when the defroster is used?
Please let me know if there is something I am doing incorrectly.
Thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
TMMAR said:
While driving in the rain these past few days I needed to use the windshield defroster (defogger). It has been fairly cold (high 30's to low-mid 40's) so the heater has been on. When I have the heater set to blow towards the feet and the windshield at the same time, the air that the heater puts out seems to get cooler even though the temp is set to 70-72 degrees. Any indication as to why the heated air that is coming out at the feet should get cooler when the defroster is used?
Please let me know if there is something I am doing incorrectly.
Thanks.
I believe that generally the A/C compressor is used on the windshield to remove the condensation/fog that is caused by the difference between the warm air in the car produced by the people and the cold air outside.

I'm pretty sure it's normal

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
satyric said:
I believe that generally the A/C compressor is used on the windshield to remove the condensation/fog that is caused by the difference between the warm air in the car produced by the people and the cold air outside.

I'm pretty sure it's normal
I know that the a/c is used to dehumidify the air, but it gets very cold in the car when the defroster is used and I don't think it should blow cold air toward the feet when in use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts