GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Acadia SLT with Dual Sunroof. At cold temps, I hear a high pitch whistle at varying speeds. The colder it is, the lower speed the whistle occurs. Once the interior is warm, the whistle stops. At 25 degrees, the whistle sound happens around 32-33 mph. When I go faster or slower it stops. At different cold temps a different speed makes it whistle.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Interesting. I have a sound more like a high pitch whir, or low pitch whistle... also only when it's very cold out. Goes away once warmed up also. I'll check the speed, pretty darn sure it's pretty much the same.
If we match all, this might help; I don't have a sunroof.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Curious about this also. I've had this on our other GM vehicle as well. But not recently.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
167 Posts
We had one on our 2017 Limited. Only in really cold weather. Pitch of the whine/whistle changed with acceleration and seemed to only occur at speeds under 45. Once the vehicle warmed, the sound was gone. Had it into the dealership but they couldn't hear it and didn't have any ideas. But it seems to have disappeared. Happened maybe the first two winters we owned it, but haven't heard it since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant upload recording.... file too big. I recorded the noise this morning... may be hard to hear, but it is louder in real life than it sounds. 17 degrees outside this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tried adjusting the stereo and turning it off... thought it could be a noise canceling issue. That didn't help.
Tried different drive mode, AWD, 2WD, etc. No change. On the bright side, not a transmission issue.

I've never experienced something like this with all the different cars I've owned. Any other ideas out there? Do a lot of people experience this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
2020 Acadia SLT with Dual Sunroof. At cold temps, I hear a high pitch whistle at varying speeds. The colder it is, the lower speed the whistle occurs. Once the interior is warm, the whistle stops. At 25 degrees, the whistle sound happens around 32-33 mph. When I go faster or slower it stops. At different cold temps a different speed makes it whistle.
Any ideas??
i have the 2017 gmc acadia, front wheel drive. Mine also makes this whistling sound at a certain point with the throttle and at around 30-35 mph. Goes away if you step on the accelerator more or if you back off. Mine started about 7 months ago. Warm or cold weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this post is a few months old, but I’m having the same issue. Try to all the things mentioned above. I have an Acadia limited SLT. To me, the noise seems to be coming from the rear… My battery also died recently, which could just be a coincidence. But my suspicion is the sound is coming from the amp. Which could also be putting extra strain on the battery.

Please let me know if anyone is able to successfully disconnect their amp and solve the problem.
i don’t know how to do it myself so it’s going to take a little you tubing first before I can get to it.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I know this post is a few months old, but I’m having the same issue. Try to all the things mentioned above. I have an Acadia limited SLT. To me, the noise seems to be coming from the rear… My battery also died recently, which could just be a coincidence. But my suspicion is the sound is coming from the amp. Which could also be putting extra strain on the battery.

Please let me know if anyone is able to successfully disconnect their amp and solve the problem.
i don’t know how to do it myself so it’s going to take a little you tubing first before I can get to it.
Maybe just remove the fuse for it? Mine still makes the sound. Odd....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts