GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Acadia bought in Feb. Just had it in for 2nd time related to a rubbing noise in steering column along with servicing (dealership now ordering 2nd warranty part, have to bring it in again for replacement). Before servicing I had 3 tires reading low. I was told "that happens when it's cold". Dealership delivered vehicle back to my workplace after servicing (which is nice of them) and when I went to drive home an hour later, I now have the stabilitrak not functioning light on and remote start won't work. Dealership told me that's because it's really cold out (-28C today).

So- I bought a vehicle for its safety features, I live in a place with 5-6 months of cold, icy winter weather, and I am to expect that my stabilitrak and tire pressure gauges won't read accurate and my remote start won't work because it's cold?? Kind of like buying a furnace that works best in the summer.

Any advice?

· Premium Member
14,871 Posts
dhmom said:
Before servicing I had 3 tires reading low. I was told "that happens when it's cold".
This could be; air pressures fluctuate with temperature and cold temps will cause your tire pressures to read low

dhmom said:
I now have the stabilitrak not functioning light on and remote start won't work. Dealership told me that's because it's really cold out (-28C today).
This statement makes no sense at all; I would challenge this or find another dealer; not everything can be explained by cold weather

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.