GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our 2,000 mile 2008 Acadia SLT 2, we are having at issue when the car is started for the first time after sitting overnight/all day. The motor revs up and down sporatically for 20 seconds or so. It has gotten so bad that when you remote start the car, you can see the lights dimming as the revs go up and down. Notably, the car had a battery issue 3 weeks ago: after it sat for a week, dead as a doornob. Dealer inspected and replaced battery post and charged. I'd imagine these issues are related, but looking for insight here. Also, we are have a passenger airbag light with a mind of its own.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This definitely sounds like a problem that is not normal and I have not seen anything yet like this. It does sound to me like it is electrical and many of the electrical issues have been related to water leaks. (especially if you have the sun roof).

I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it and mention to them that you saw on this forum that water leaks have been known to cause electrical issues and you want them to see if they can find any water leaks as well.

Good luck and please post back with what they do to fix it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
black98z71 said:
I will surely report back; fyi: our Acadia does not have a sunroof.
You are less likely that it is a water leak issue given that you do not have the sunroof, but for sure you still need to have it looked at. What you are describing is not normal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car will get to dealer this week; I am looking for a GMC dealer in New Orleans with a good service department.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My passenger airbag once acted up. Called Onstar for diagnostics (codes were saved) and was instructed to have it checked asap. Went to dealer and they noted the code saved from Onstar but couldn't find what was wrong ..check this..check that.. it didn't happen again since then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car was dropped off at Mossy GMC this morning; service writer said he thinks they may have had a similiar issue in the past with an employee's Acadia. I will update when I hear back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like you have a short somewhere or possible a bad ground. I had a bad ground in my first vehicle and many things went haywire! Good luck to ya and let us know when you hear something please!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a bad ground issue in my truck 3 years ago that took 3 weeks to find and alot of headaches. Caused related symptoms, but I think this is different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got Acadia back from dealer today. No luck. They confirmed it is surging from 400rpm-1000rpm when you use the remote start. They have no cure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordinarilly, I'd agree. Trust me, I don't settle for this type of answer normally. But the service manager's Acadia is doing the same thing and he showed me....he has contacted GM repeatedly and they have no cure.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
black98z71 said:
Ordinarilly, I'd agree. Trust me, I don't settle for this type of answer normally. But the service manager's Acadia is doing the same thing and he showed me....he has contacted GM repeatedly and they have no cure.
They do have a cure. It's called replace the car. And just because someone else's car does the same thing does not justify the problem. This is a problem and if it was me, I would continue taking it in for them to fix it making sure that they document each time carefully. If I had to I would use the lemon law to get action. I am just sorry that GMC still has dealers like this. You don't have a bad car and it's probably a minor fix. It just makes me sick to think that they are not bending over backwards to solve your problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are/have been in the process of working on getting a new Acadia. This dealer is better than the other GMC dealer in town. They are looking for a cure, but I did not want them to have the car the whole time...also, this is not the dealer that the car was purchased from.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Good luck!! Keep us updated with what happens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Black98Z71,

Were you able to resolve the cold start issue? I am having the same problem on a 2007 Acadia. What dealer did you deal with. I brought mine to Don Bohn and they used bulletin number PI3146B. They said it was bad fuel and drained the tank flushed the lines and added an additive. It worked until I filled up again and the problem started all over again. I am bringing it to the Dealer again Wednesday 5/28/08.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cold Start Wacky idling

Hi Everyone,

i know this was asked in a previous post a while ago, my 2008 Acadia idles very strange for the first 10 seconds when it starts. i brought is to the dealer but they could not find anything wrong with it because it was not cold.

has anyone heard of what the problem could be regarding this?

thanks

???

1 - 20 of 108 Posts